Bridge of No Return

Bridge of No Return

A Poem by Hebe
"

10 word contest - Skirt, Lime,Skiing,Cloudy,Reciprocate,Tangible,Seedy,Condone,Bridge

"


The wind howled across the bay, and Jessica held on to the metal steel beam of the BRIDGE she was standing on.  She looked down into the dark cold fathomless water, her hand frozen, her mind drifting in out out of scenes of her life.  The CLOUDY sky was heavy with black rain that just starting coming down in torrents. Splattering large drops on her face that stung and soaked quickly threw her light jacket and cotton LIME green SKIRT, but she felt nothing except the pounding of her heart.  She saw her father, a stoic, self-controlled, dispassionate man standing over her coffin, definitely would not CONDONE this weak behavior to anyone, this was far too SEEDY and demoralizing for a family of his stature.

She remembered the day he had to cancel his important SKIING trip because she was hospitalized, her Appendicitis almost exploded! He stood over her bedside, looking down with his cold steel eyes and in his snarly voice and said "you'll do anything to ruin my weekend won't you, you weak sniveling child" and turned around and left the room....  

She felt her hand was slipping, She couldn't hold on much longer, she didn't want to!
She wondered if this would RECIPROCATE the pain he had caused her over the years or would he just be disgusted and glad she was gone!

This was the only TANGIBLE thing to do, he would probably say, in his matter of fact way. It was obvious from the day she was born, he didn't want her.  He told her she was like a parasite clinging on to her mothers womb!

The pain she had endure her whole life was unbearable.  Her spirit had been ripped into shreds.  There was no going back to that, no not ever... 

She felt the hard steel for the last time as her hand let go, her body was light.  She felt it float in the strong wind. Her lime green skirt was the only thing that added color to this aphotic scene as her frail body hit the black waves!  Goodbye dad, goodbye... you finally got rid of this parasite forever!


© 2017 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you so much for your review, always happy to read your words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The poem was amazing. The good description of her thoughts and the memories. Made the reader feel the journey to the bad ending. You gave life to the artwork and thank you Hebe for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hi Hebe, thank you for entering the 10 Words I Give contest. Tearjerker Alert! How you weave ten totally random words into a complete story line is amazing to me. I, too, as stated below, hate her 'father'. How despicable can one be, one's own flesh and blood. I like the Lime against the black! Kudos

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much... these contests keep my mind sharp and give me ideas :)
Wicahpi

7 Years Ago

I'm happy to hear a positive response. Glad to help! LoL
OH MY GOD this was so freaking sad :( I hate her father with the most perfect of hatreds. No one should have to go through that. However, in spite of the dark, despondent tale, once again I must applaud your skill with words. Unfortunately, I was able to clearly visualize the horrid scene.
I hate the tale; but I love your writing skills... if that makes any sense. I guess you get what i'm trying to say. You get me don't you Hebe? ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

I know what you mean. It happens to me, i read something sad and i have a problem saying that it was.. read more
Tashida

7 Years Ago

you're welcome Hebe
oh my. what a sad, tragic tale. you gave it such detail and did a great job utilizing the words. i could feel everything you painted so vividly. very effective as i kept feeling the hardness and coldness of the steel & water which go along perfectly with what you related in the story. the entire piece gripped & held me. check spelling on 'discusted'. cool pics. excellent job as usual.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend :)
Pete

7 Years Ago

ur very welcome. it is my pleasure to read your work :)
A tragedy...
I loved this story so much..
It shows how impassive people are..
We can appreciate things only when we lose them..
Very good job!
And nice pictures..perfect for the story

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you much appreciated.
Again, I bow to your crafting skills and creativity.
Life is precious and it feels very sad when someone gives up the precious gift willfully. But the story behind act is very powerfully told. The pain one receives from parent(s) is the worst of all because a parents have the responsibility of nourishing the child and giving comfort at every weak moment. If they themselves become the source of pain where else can one go?
My heart is soaked in empathy with Jessika as read this story. That is the power of your craft.
Thank you for sharing..




Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Bala... it's so true, children are the victims always... thank you for your heartfelt review.
When my eyes first set on the picture, for some unexplainable reason I quite liked Jessica and wanted to get to know her. Needless to say I was sad to see her go. It was like I was like I had immediately became involved and wanted to save her. For some reason, I looked behind the story and felt that she had a lot to offer to the world but was never really given a chance for her to show it and that's why she ended up on the bridge and I looked into the sea to see if I could see her.

The reasoning behind all of the above it quite simple - Because of your writing skills and the pictures you have uploaded, once again I have been taken on another journey by you. That takes skill and that's something which you have in abundance.
I love reading your work,

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Mark you give me the most thoughtful reviews.... hugs:)
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Your work is always worth my time to read.
And you as a writer always put those thoughts in m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 15, 2017

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..