The Planet Next Door

The Planet Next Door

A Story by daisy
"

You've heard all the post-apocalyptic tales from the grave, but what about those from above?

"
The clouds were separated when the flaming ships tumbled through the atmosphere, flying into our sight and into our world. I was there when the first one landed. The debris leapt into the air, only just mirroring everyones reactions. Many children began their annoying moans that come with their tears. I don't understand these children. At this point, no one even knew if it could cause any harm.
Now, the land is hard with rock and ashes. Human blood sticks to any walls still standing, a memorial for the champions. I know of a few survivors, but I'm afraid they won't last long. Time stood still like a bird perched on a branch, only when the apocalypse started did the bird fluster and flitter, speeding off, each individual feather never still. I've had time to observe things like that. Birds. Ants. Things that have learnt to survive.
Remembering back to before this all happened, I was sent here by them in a disguise. To know when to strike. I'm still in it now. Still searching for survivors, looking for every last one. Then, and only then, can we begin. I've been watching this race for a while now. I was just wondering wether if any of you human beings would happen to stumble upon this short confession. There's no point in warning you. Flee, if you want. Hide, if you will. But don't look out the window, you might see us.
Happy living, 
       The planet next door.

© 2014 daisy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on June 23, 2014
Last Updated on June 23, 2014

Author

daisy
daisy

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
teenager with obsessions of hidden gems of literature, preferably with a morbid or horror theme but you know whatever more..

Writing
Her Big Project Her Big Project

A Story by daisy


VanDIElism VanDIElism

A Story by daisy