Who Am I ?

Who Am I ?

A Story by Daisy

Who Am I  ?



 

 

Who am I  ? ------ A forlorn quest that was born with me!


A daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a wife, a mother, a friend, a colleague or maybe just a woman with some curves defining my body. Oh and I forgot " a human too! Isn’t it ?

You see, I am  practically ‘a crowd’  in myself and I am oh-so lost in my own crowd of multiple identities.

That’s right ! So the next time you ask me “Who I am?”  ,  I would rather say  “I am--lost”.

No wonder we are  “ a beautiful creation”  because they are mostly lost in the depths of time.

And  “Eve”  for sure didn’t know this was coming !!!

So Who am I ? How should “I” be defined ?

Should I be defined as a  “ good daughter, a good mother, a good wife or even so a good woman “ ?

Should I be defined as a  “homemaker”  or  “ a working woman” ?

                           Or,

Should I be defined as a  “woman who knows how to please his man in bed” ?


My roles, my choices, my gender, my body… Is that all to me ?

They say  “It’s hard to understand a woman!!”

Rightly so! Because being a woman, I am never understood. I am perceived!

“It’s all about perceptions”-----The most convenient statement I have ever heard.

Different people perceive me in different ways and accordingly I am loved, wanted, chased, admired, rebuked, judged, compared and even touched but… never understood!

So then it’s not me alone who doesn’t know who I am? You don’t know me either.

I am just a reflection of who you are.. your illusion perhaps or let’s say your “perception” of reality.

I am an infinite expectation of love, of lust, of motherhood, of sacrifices and of beauty.

I always thought when you leave something behind you are supposed to be ahead of it! But what an irony! We leave our homes, our parents, our jobs for a family with that one man and yet we are still “behind” every  successful man.


Well! I may not know who I am but I know that------


I am weak when I smile but strong when I cry.

I fall when I love but rise when I leave.

I have scars in my heart but a glow on my face.

I take to bed at the slightest of injuries, yet, stood strong at my father’s funeral.

I shield my child from the whole world, yet, clinch my cloth when I am afraid.

I am capable of giving birth, yet, will still hold your hand while crossing the road.

I feel broken when you are done making love to me and turn your way around to sleep.

I cry my pain out all alone, yet, make it a point to be there when you shed a tear.

I am just everything and yet I am but nothing.


And that is why I don’t know me. I don’t know who and where I am because I find myself in anything and everything except in me.

And so, I am what I am… a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife, a woman and everything that you are or you want me to be. And then, I am no more.


But amidst everything that “ I AM…”, what remains is the fact that “ I STILL ….AM. “ 


I AM.


Isn’t it where it all began ??

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Daisy


Author's Note

Daisy
Hope You like It !!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

critique: (a human too ! Isn’t it ?) why the space between the punctuation too! and it? and many other places in your poem?
(And “Eve” for sure didn’t knew this was coming) know this - the verb "knew" is incorrectly used with the helping verb "didn't"
(Should I be defined as a “home maker”) homemaker

Review: I remember my grandmother saying life is full of question and how you answer them is who you will be so think hard and never live down to other peoples answers. It is sad to say that women's place in life is anything but equal to men's. I think my grandmother was right and that many women live down to what men in their life's expect, maybe it is time for another strong women's movement. Excellent message I hope thousands read it and take the message to heart and learn or at least think on it long and hard. Standing Ovation! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!




Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Critique registered and corrected!
Thank you so much for this motivation.... I am trying my .. read more



Reviews

A woman is many things. She is the teacher of love and the mother of the children. A woman, a blessing and needed person for us. Thank you my friend for sharing your words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very deep and thooughtful. I had written on the same subject in one of my own poems... Its an interesting subject and I am happy that people are exploring it in various intelligent interpretations

Posted 6 Years Ago


Daisy I always love what you create....it speaks to the lady in me....
We should understand that we are far more important than what others think of us...if we value our self then only the world will value us isn't it...if we look for others approval...and want to follow their set standards we loose our self in between that journey...we need to understand our calling and persue it..we are born for a higher cause ....much higher than that of the regular dramas of the society ...and I believe your writing can bring a change in the thought process of many....so keep writing your wonderful strong creations lady.. hugs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ria for such a sweet and encouraging review. Totally second your thoughts on this... read more
critique: (a human too ! Isn’t it ?) why the space between the punctuation too! and it? and many other places in your poem?
(And “Eve” for sure didn’t knew this was coming) know this - the verb "knew" is incorrectly used with the helping verb "didn't"
(Should I be defined as a “home maker”) homemaker

Review: I remember my grandmother saying life is full of question and how you answer them is who you will be so think hard and never live down to other peoples answers. It is sad to say that women's place in life is anything but equal to men's. I think my grandmother was right and that many women live down to what men in their life's expect, maybe it is time for another strong women's movement. Excellent message I hope thousands read it and take the message to heart and learn or at least think on it long and hard. Standing Ovation! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!




Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Critique registered and corrected!
Thank you so much for this motivation.... I am trying my .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
Another wonderful piece. Your work makes people ponder. That's the beauty of it. It stays. Well done. 😊

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisy

7 Years Ago

Thank You for this wonderful feedback :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: #Life #Philosophy #feminism

Author

Daisy
Daisy

India



About
Discoverer more..

Writing
INCOMPLETE(NESS) INCOMPLETE(NESS)

A Story by Daisy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


P is for Pain P is for Pain

A Poem by Devons


Karma Karma

A Story by Taylor