Acceptance

Acceptance

A Poem by @dan@
"

philosophic

"

A confused man spoke to a man of wisdom and asked, how can I accept the tragedy of my lost love? When can I be done with the agony of my misfortune? And the wise man looked at him with a comforting smile and said, you have much to do to accept your change. For it is not an easy moment in your life to realize yourself in a different light. As your life changes its course so then must you. As the new seasons breeze blows from the horizon, your vessel will be sent aimlessly into it’s journey. You will come to understand that to survive the uncertainty of your direction, you must take the rudder firmly into your hands and guide your course to its destination. And the man looked back at the wise man asking him, When will my journey end? Again the wise man smiles back to him and said. To accept your destiny you will never reach your journeys end. For acceptance, as in love and life grows and will spread its branches until the end of time. It is not and never will be enough to say that you accept a tragedy or even a great joy. For in love, to say you are in love is not enough within itself to love. And in pain, It is not enough to endure the pain by your words of acceptance. You must grow with your love as you must grow with your pain. When a grove of trees grows together in a forest and one is cast back into the ground from the hand of nature, the tree next to the tragic event, in time will grow stronger in light of change. And in its time,its roots will have the latitude to take a firm hold creating a foundation never known before. And its branches will reach out for the nourishment life brings to it, in the new place created by what once was. The wisdom gained by your constant acceptance of this living experience will be your salvation.

© 2008 @dan@


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 17, 2008

Author

@dan@
@dan@

Eureka, CA



About
Namaste' I am Dan Rosenhagen but go by "dan" in my work. A writer of prose and verse, I express a philosophy that mirrors life's natural laws. Our connection to all things is through emotion. Man'.. more..

Writing
Mirror  Mirror Mirror Mirror

A Poem by @dan@


Be Careful Be Careful

A Poem by @dan@


Let it be Free Let it be Free

A Poem by @dan@