Let it be Free

Let it be Free

A Poem by @dan@



A young child was playing in a field near his village. When he looked to the sky, he noticed its vast beauty and the winds movement of the billowing clouds. He was so overtaken by the splendor before him that he reached for A container and held it into the air and let the wind blow into its top. After a few moments he covered its opening and quickly tucked the container under his garment. In his excitement, he hurriedly ran home to show his grandfather.

Grandfather, look what I have captured. And when they had looked into the container, it was empty. The young child then told his grandfather the story of his experience. His grandfather then said. You cannot put the sky in a container. To try to capture the sky, you will have a container that is filled with air, and has no wind or clouds or beauty. And when you look at what you have captured, you will always be confused as to your understanding of what it is, and never know its depth and beauty. To understand the truth and beauty in something you must let it be free.

You must let it move in its own sphere of life, in the direction of life�s course. Then your understanding of it will grow as it grows, and its beauty will be there to behold. And it will always be as pure as it is free, and will become whatever it will come to be.

© 2008 @dan@


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

@dan@
@dan@

Eureka, CA



About
Namaste' I am Dan Rosenhagen but go by "dan" in my work. A writer of prose and verse, I express a philosophy that mirrors life's natural laws. Our connection to all things is through emotion. Man'.. more..

Writing
Mirror  Mirror Mirror Mirror

A Poem by @dan@


Be Careful Be Careful

A Poem by @dan@


Star Bright Star Bright

A Poem by @dan@