Limerick, The Place

Limerick, The Place

A Poem by Dan Bullock

Drizzle transverses in grey cloud city

Sharp breaths down sheltered alley

Should I walk or take heed and turn

 

River flows strong in sea bird city

Drowning calls as they swarm and shrill

Auld Lang Syne echoes a piano hall

 

Give a flower to a girl, so pretty

Embracing the winters call effortlessly

She tells a tale of geniality, honestly

 

Try to walk to the beat of the music ditty

Drifting through the corridors

I sold my soul to a woman of integrity

 

And she gave me another pint of stout

 

© 2008 Dan Bullock


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay you reviewed mine, so I had to find yours and do the same. You make the city sounds so wonderful. I wish I could go and sit in a little pub with a drink and just watch the people as they go about their day. Thats what it sounds like you are doing in the piece just watching the people and the city.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. I didn't feel sad and lonely at the end, a barmaid can be a very good friend, just ask spurned families whose daddy's gave all to the barmaid and none to the kids. Well, a good listener is worth all. I liked this stroll entirely, having had a pint and sold my soul before that doesn't bring me down. Besides, you've got a happy face in your tag line, so I don't think this is sad to you... just a memory of a stroll. Of course, what do I know? ; )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You'll hate me for this, and I don't know why it happened, but I started thinking Guns-n-Roses Paradise City as I was half way through the read... once that was in my head i was done... Having said that i really liked the atmospheric touches at the top ... 'grey cloud city...sheltered alley...sea bird city (the best bit for me) ... hmm, and never say no to another pint, as a general principle!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A cute and lovely poem with a so sad ending. Wonderful write. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seems to be a very solemn limerick........beautiful descriptions throughout, perhaps Christmas is a time
of selling your soul when you feel so high in the cold surroundings, trying to seek warmth.........really thought provoking piece!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it seems a carefree stroll, then the ending hits you in the gut with such emptiness and loneliness. a wonderful write, even though sad and haunting. I hope the emotion that prompted this write is a passing thing and not all encompassing. *hugs*

laura :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The stroll while pondering, and giving flowers....such a wonderful image, but I get to the end, and it seems so lonely....
I do hope your holidays arent as lonesome as this write seems to be!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

Dan Bullock
Dan Bullock

United Kingdom



About
Everything involves me tapping away at a keyboard or scribbling down notes, writing is my love. :D http://www.twitter.com/danbullock I'm trying to be a good-hearted, hard-working soul who gradua.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..