The One And Only

The One And Only

A Story by Dani

The One And Only

The room is empty, or so I think. The only source of light seems to be high above my body, yet so close. Dark surrounding me I breathe nervously into my hands.

As they warm I am paraded by hands that I am unable to see. I am still surrounded by darkness. I hear a gate close behind me, so far behind me.

A blazing light appears right in front of my eyes, momentarily blinding me . Moments later I see a figure standing right in front of me with their hand racing towards my face. On impact I stumble backwards and fall to me knees.  

My face abruptly hits the stone cold ground at the end of my fall. My arms shake as I slowly push myself upward to a standing position.  Pain seers through my body as little air fill my lungs, wheezing unsteadily I collapse to the ground once more.

The impact of somebody’s foot in my side makes me yelp, tears and beads of sweat roll down my face as my vision blurs. I let go of all of the thoughts and worries that crowd my brain.

The touch of a hand on my side frightens me. I scramble to my feet and come face to face with a man, tall, strong and fierce. I step backwards but find myself unable to move, muscles stiff I swing my arms up to guard my face. The man thrusts his knee into my gut, but I grab his leg and pull him to the ground. I kneel down beside him and throw my hands downwards until they come in contact with his ribs. I feel them hard against my hand,

I feel awful for what I have done but it seemed to be the right thing to do. I feel as if I am being controlled by someone else’s movements, these are not mine. I would never hurt an innocent man, although he did attack me first.

 

My mind comes back to reality when I hear the sound of three consecutive dings; a hand grabs my arm and raises it high. I am victorious, I am the one and only. I am a legend, a legend in boxing that is.


                The End

© 2014 Dani


Author's Note

Dani
Don't mind my grammar, I wrote this two years ago at the age of 11. Enjoy!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014

Author

Dani
Dani

Canada



About
I am a 13 year old girl who LOVES to write. I also play Rep Volleyball and many other sports. Writing is my passion and reading is my fashion more..

Writing
Creepy Crative Creepy Crative

A Story by Dani