Rainbow Ribbons

Rainbow Ribbons

A Poem by DoormanDan
"

Just a short quatrain inspired by a seriously needed walk

"

Rainbow Ribbons


In the aftermath of even the most torrential thunderstorm

Rainbow ribbons can occasionally form

Serving as bridges over the darkest gorge

To the vast vales of revenants reborn



The past later half of 2015 and early 2016 have been good for me, but they have also been somewhat stressful.  Following a knee injury I sustained a little over half a year ago that I'm nearly fully recovered from, I lost my inner peace because I could not do one of the things I love to do, run (I know it sounds silly, but it is what it is).  For the time up until recently, I have been trying to find it again, what with school and college preparation, but wasn't able to succeed(don't get me wrong, I was, and still am, having a fantastic senior year!).  However, because of 6 weeks of physical therapy, which has definitely improved my knee, I was able to go for a nice walk again without any pain, and that walk gave me back my inner peace.  This poem I've written here may not be my best, but it is definitely the most inspired one I have written in a long time.  :)

© 2016 DoormanDan


Author's Note

DoormanDan
Please tell me what you think, as usual! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

its a wonderfully written piece. thank you for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the poem. It's short and sweet, with good use of words, like "ribbons". Thanks for sharing the great poem! :) Keep writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Love the poem.
I'm glad that you are able to get back your inner peace.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow, I can truly relate to this. I have someone very close to me that also has lost their inner peace due to the fact they have not been able to run. This was their way to relief stress.
Glad things are well with you now and this was a very touching piece for me. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Love God's paintings in the sky. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


Like a phoenix from the flames. Nice one, Doorman. I like the use of the term 'ribbons'. Pleasant sounding word. Like 'cherish' or 'silk'.

Posted 8 Years Ago


After reading this poem and how it came about I think it makes perfect sense that it's short and sweet. Being able to do a little bit of what you love again must have truly felt like a huge relief. There is a great freedom in the feel of running. I remember how excited I was when I ran for the first time after my last surgery two months later. It's empowering :)
After every hell, there will be a light again. And that is very easy to see within your poem. I hope eventually you will be able to full out run again, good luck!

Posted 8 Years Ago


DoormanDan

8 Years Ago

Thanks Amber. Just a few days ago, I actually got the all clear to run again, so now I just have to.. read more
Amber Lily

8 Years Ago

That's good news! You're welcome :)
What do you mean "may not be the best"? Duuuude, this is the best poem I've ever read. I am being honest right now. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


DoormanDan

8 Years Ago

I'm flattered by your praise. Thanks fore reviewing. :)
Lovely poem!
Keep it up!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


DoormanDan

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, Emily

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2016
Last Updated on February 23, 2016

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..