Visceral Dimensions

Visceral Dimensions

A Story by DoormanDan
"

My vision of the oxymoron-esque thing that is the mind.

"
Visceral Dimensions

In its most elementary state, the mind is a multiverse of goals, thoughts, instincts and dreams.  Within the walls of these...these realities are star-storms of emotions; visceral dimensions fabricated by exposure to various spatial phenomenon and cosmic abnormalities.  I've long conducted extensive research concerning the aforementioned "forces", as I currently call them for lack of a better word, trying to comprehend their aesthetics.  Now, as I approach the final years of my life, although my experiments and observations have yielded more questions than answers, I am prepared to share my findings with the communities of our pale, blue dot.
The mind is a fascinating amphitheater of cerebral occurrences, where both homeostatic and psychosomatic interstellar odysseys are always underway.  Scattered all throughout this vast expanse, forever beyond the reach of the most powerful telescope, are both stories of nebulae blooming in the infinite midnight like rhododendrons, and black holes devouring entire solar systems, silencing whatever precious life that may have been waiting for an answer from the Summerland.  Such tempestuous equilibrium is unheard of in any other scientific theory or truth, but such a balance is fragile.  Julius Robert Mayer's Law of Conservation of Energy does not apply to it, as the equilibrium can be shattered if either stories mentioned receive a single word more than the other.  One too many lights emitted in the endless night for too long, and Reality may one day forget the lessons of that darkness, and too much darkness, and Reality may forget what it's like to be in the warming embrace of a thousand suns.  Both stories, however, when told with equal amounts of delectable description and moral impact, can serve to mold Reality into somebody as tempered as  the eye of a hurricane.
Which is why I believe the appropriate measures should forever be taken to reach and preserve equilibrium, and I intend on doing so until the day I die.

Message to the Reader:

AAAANNNNDDDD I'm back a lot sooner than I expected! I'll need to do some explaining for this piece. Basically, this piece started off being therapeutic for me, as I am still struggling to get acclimatized to the amount of effort college demands. I was just listening to music, laying on my bed, my brain feeling pretty tired, when the idea for this came up. I literally just poured every ounce of passion and emotion I had in me at the time into this one piece, and by the time I was done, I felt very refreshed and even proud of what I created. This piece, for me, is the manifestation of what I have always wanted to do with my writing, which is tell a thought provoking story, with multiple layers, that can potentially make readers wonder and want to learn about it's contents. To many, the meaning of this piece may not be clear, but I've crafted this piece more carefully than anything else I have ever written before, and man, I am sure as Hell proud of it! I was partially inspired to write this by the song I was listening to at the time ("Everything" by an artist named Said the Sky. If you haven't heard of this artist, I highly recommend you go on Youtube and try this song. For me, it's one of the most magical songs ever!), and by Carl Sagan (can you find the little reference to him I threw in here?). I've thrown quite a few ideas into this, and remember, as proud as I am of this piece, this piece is still 100% subjective. Can you figure out the overall meaning of this piece? Comment down below, and I'll tell you if you've gotten it (and, if you want me to, I'll tell you the actual meaning if you get it wrong). I'll see you all next time! :)

© 2016 DoormanDan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poetic and philosophical to a great extent. Wow, you sound vaguely like H.P. Lovecraft himself, which is me giving you very high praise indeed for this kaleidoscopic piece.

As to the meaning of this, I shall endeavor mightily to not attempt it. My brain is much too underwired at the moment.

Otherwise, good job, Sir Doorman! ;P

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I'm flattered that my work reminds you of something H.P Lovecraft would've written. I definitely ta.. read more
Lovecraft

7 Years Ago

Today I just can't think of anything concrete to produce. Quite annoying.
DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

Yeah, most of my struggle is in thinking of something to write or work on that I think will actually.. read more
I can only assume I'm one of those Realities inadvertently molded into "somebody as tempered as the eye of a hurricane". The rest is too subjective too explain but I believe you're not really seeking equilibrium because, you see, that would be just too boring.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

In my eternally flawed opinion, equilibrium itself is not boring, but a lack of struggle to either m.. read more
I read this a few times, and this is what I came up with. To become who we are, we need to go through a certain amount of hell, and a certain amount of joy. If the world was only kind, we would all be very similar. Bad experiences can change who we are, and they determine if we want to stay in the darkness or to go back to the light. I have a feeling that I'm way off, but it was really cool to think about either way. Really enjoyed this one, I bet you'll make a killing on your future college essays :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

You're more correct than you think. The main theme is strive to have a healthy mind, sculpted throu.. read more
I liked it a lot! Miss you, Dan :) wonderful piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

Hey, Cool Girl! Long time no see! How've you been?

And thanks for reviewing. I'm g.. read more
Cool Girl

7 Years Ago

I've been alright! I hope all is well! :) and youre very welcome. I always enjoy your writings!
intriguing piece. i like it

Posted 7 Years Ago


Every ones mind grasps life and knowledge differently. My niece was mentally challenged, her world was life in a small circle. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I have a cousin with a mental disability as well. They do see the world differently, that's for sur.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

509 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 10, 2016
Last Updated on September 18, 2016

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


5438079 5438079

A Poem by wordman