Drones and Martyrs

Drones and Martyrs

A Poem by DoormanDan
"

War can Bring out the Bad in Both Sides of the Conflict

"
Drones and Martyrs

We're assets ever expendable
But still our crosshairs prove loyal to the mission!
Target locked on the "democratic" demographic
It's time to fulfill His Majesty's injunction!
Brethren, load your guns!
Let's go and have some fun!

These truths are self-evident, the system is defective
And we won't ceasefire until the heretics are reprimanded!
Load your guns!

Objection!  There'll be no negotiation
For this Constitution won't kneel to Terrorism!
Your proclamation's flawed, this nation was never corrupt!
Now prepare for justice, livid and ruthless!
Soldiers, let's give 'em Hell!
Such a demise will serve them well!

We are the subordinates of Federal Fidelity!
Pray for your damned families as we demonstrate supremacy!
Give 'em Hell!

Do you think you intimidate with how much you brutalize?
Send over your deaf, dumb drones!  We'll kill them for their crimes!
Bring out the martyrs!

Enough of this fanatical s**t!  Surrender to your commanders!
We won't hesitate to decimate your regiments ten times over!
Bring out the Martyrs!

© 2016 DoormanDan


Author's Note

DoormanDan
It's been a long time, but I'm finally back (for a little over a month, at least)! I took my last final just yesterday (I'm certain I passed them all) and am done with my first semester of college! Overall, it went very well, and I eagerly await next semester, but not as much as I await being able to focus on my creative hobbies again! I decided to try describing how both sides of any sort of conflict can be hypocritical, horrible, and just have the worst parts of them brought out by writing this song as if both sides were engaged in an intense altercation. This probably isn't going to win any sort of creativity award (as I'm certain MANY writers have already done this sort of "political" writing), but hey, it's different for me, and I think that's all you can ask for, isn't it? I hope you all enjoyed reading this piece, but regardless of if you liked or disliked it, tell me what you think!

Oh, and guess what? I'ma be turing 20 in about 8 days! Yay! I'll see you all next time! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nicely inked. Sounds like Warhammer 40,000, lol. Sadly, this poem is very true in the extent to what we will do to our fellow man when we disagree and hate each other.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

Never heard of Warhammer 40,000. I'll have to check that out sometime. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoye.. read more
Lovecraft

7 Years Ago

No problem. Lovecraft is just my favorite author and one of the finest authors in the last century. .. read more
DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

He is definitely a good author, to say the very least!
I liked the poem. You are right. Two side to every war. Both sides believe they are right and the enemy is wrong. I liked the feel of truth. Soldiers have one purpose. To kill and win. Good flow of thoughts left something for the reader to think about. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I was really trying to nail my flow for once with this piece, and I'm glad to hear that you think I .. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You did. A powerful and worthwhile poem.
It's always been kind of interesting to think that both sides think they are doing the right thing. So the "right thing" is really a matter of perspective. Lets keep it simple; the right thing is the right thing for EVERYONE. Happy birthday kid, give em hell ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

It really is, when you think about it. My version of evil could be your version of what's right for.. read more
D Connolly

7 Years Ago

Humans could complicate a glass of water...
Awesome poem!
Keep it up!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

Thanks Emily! Glad you enjoyed this! :)
This is the condition which many countries in the world are already in. One day or the other the coin has to be reversed irrespective of what is right or wrong. It is a contingent outcome. Nice write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

True. Definitely true. Thanks for reading. :)
Well Happy Birthday young man. Glad college is going well. Some of this write made me think of what will be happening in our countries future when the new president takes office. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

Thanks! Honestly (and surprisingly), I actually didn't even think about Donald Trump or anything ha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..