Part One: A Brief History of Our Time

Part One: A Brief History of Our Time

A Poem by DoormanDan
"

Part one of a series of poems I'm hoping to write in the near future. Inspired by many important scientific figures, the book "Welcome to the Universe" and, of course, the Universe itself.

"
A Brief History of Our Time
Part I of Who Knows?
Dimensions destabilize, Hellfire arises
As Goldilocks' eyes dilate one last time
Our ephemeral existence, consistently capricious,
Takes its final glance at it's barren, cosmic canvas

(We humans certainly tend to adore the fantasy that we are more than mere pebbles slowly eroding at the bottom of a vast lake, but the truth is that we are even less than that.  We looked upon our arrival in that lake as profoundly significant, based solely on the minuscule ripples our initial impact left in the water.  It seemed so influential over the behavior of the lake at the time, but are both bigger and smaller ripples not made by any other extrinsic force that acts upon the water?  In a lake where every moment of chaos is different, none of us stand out, not because there's too much variation, but because we are all actually the same thing no matter what; an indefinite effect bred by an over-glorified cause.)


This is meant to be a short, fictional story that hopefully carries some meaning.  Everything that will be told in this story will be based and inspired by both facts and my own musings (which can either be agreed with or disagreed with).  I hope you all enjoy this story I try to write!

© 2017 DoormanDan


Author's Note

DoormanDan
This is late, but happy new year everybody! Now that that holidays are over, I have about a month that I can devote to creative writing before I go back to college. I'm hoping to put it to good use! This piece is short, I know, but it is meant to be a small part of a bigger series of poetic adventures I'm hoping to take you on over the next few weeks. I'm been wanting to write a piece like this for ages, but was always held back by the fear that my writing abilities weren't good enough to handle such an undertaking. This time, I'm putting that fear aside and am just going for it. If it's a bust, it's a bust, and if it's good, then yay! I'm doing this solely for fun this time around, so I hope you have fun reading this! As usual, tell me what you think, and please be honest! I'll see you all next time! Remember, never settle for a comfort zone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely poem!
Keep it up!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lua
this metaphor is so clever - i love the concept behind it, we are so quick to forget that we're all humans, all part of the same basic essence of human life, please keep writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this piece. Yep, we are quick to forget. Just look back through .. read more
This writing, I feel, has a potential of exploring the depth of philosophy. And including Goldilocks into this surely is going to make its own mark. I look forward to read the whole series. All the best and good job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I'm hoping I manage to do that as opposed to sounding like a fool. Well, we'll find out, won't we? .. read more
We all have a story! We've been through stuff we don't tell everyone about. That is how we all feel inside emotionally, but the only difference is how we react to it ! How we perceive emotions, memory ,judgment, and reasoning which I believe is based solely on our experience !
That is how I feel though! I hope my philosophy and random thoughts make sense lol !!!
Thank you for sharing :)!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

That can be true for those who're smart enough to listen to those emotions/aftermaths. Unfortunatel.. read more
zaisham9393

7 Years Ago

Good luck !
Dan, this left me thinking, are we all really exactly the same thing? No matter what? Is it upbringing that makes the changes, our color, or what? I hope I am not like a murderer or a child molester. Valentine See...you got me thinking. thank you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

The similarity is one of origin as opposed to lifestyle. We all came from stardust, and more specif.. read more
Valentine

7 Years Ago

Where does Jesus or God fit into your life or thinking? Kathie
DoormanDan

7 Years Ago

I believe in God, but acknowledge that faith is not fact. I could be right in my belief or I could .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 6, 2017

Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grief Grief

A Poem by MOON