Evening sun

Evening sun

A Story by Aldora Sparrow
"

Even the chilling fall air can�t quench lover�s fire

"

 

The chilly November wind blew hard against Ryotaro's exposed face. His pulled his long jacket tighter against his tall figure. His dark green hair was stained with a rosy orange from the evening sun. A sigh rose in a small cloud as his eyes searched for the right house. When he found it, he knocked quietly before opening the door.
“Hey, Kahoko. I got it. I got the stuff for you,” Ryotaro called from the doorway. The sound of laughter from inside the house quieted for a moment.
A side door slid open and Kahoko appeared. Seeing him, an appreciative smile spread across her face. “Thanks, Ryo.” She said.
Her smile made his heart thump a little harder. “Geez,” he muttered, handing her the little bag of sweets she had asked for the night's girl party. “Asking me to get it at this time—”
He stopped short. Words were put on hold as she placed her soft hands on his cheeks and planted a small kiss on his lips. Her lips were gentle. His breath was taken away for a moment and his heart stopped dead. The feel of her crimson hair against his face and her sweet scent was enough to revive and put his heart into overdrive.
“There,” she said after a moment. Her shining eyes glowed in the faint hallway light. “Is that enough to repay you?”
A mischievous look entered his eyes. “Not quite,” he said.
“Hey Kahoko,” Amou's impatient voice called from the room, “how much longer?”
She turned her head over her shoulder. “I'll be right—” A jerk on her wrist cut her off.
Ryotaro pulled her outside into the brisk night fall air. He wrapped his dark jacket around her shoulders, stopping the chilling wind. Their visible breaths mingled together in the darkening light. His dark eyes wandered over her face. His dark green hair mingled with her red ones.
“R-Ryo?” She stuttered, gazing up at him and unable to look away. His arms circled and wrapped around her waist. Her body seemed so small and frail as she pressed herself against him for warmth.
He grinned and, bending down, kissed her deeply. Surprise crossed her face. She trembled from the intensity of the feeling. It was a roaring fire against the freezing night air.
She first broke the contact. “Stop it, Ryo,” she whispered, only half meaning it. The hands on his chest pushed him away a little. His hold around her was stronger. She was blushing lightly, eyes adverted. “The other girls...They'll see...”
“Who cares?” he answered gruffly. Then his eyes softened. “Isn't that what makes this moment all the more exciting?”
Her only response was to smile and wrap her arms around his neck, pulling him down towards her. His hold on her waist tightened. Their breaths melted together and floated towards the evening sun. She wasn't going to let him go. Not yet.

© 2009 Aldora Sparrow


Author's Note

Aldora Sparrow
Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. Well measured. Vulgarism avoided. But expected little bit more in terms of the length of the story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


creative

Posted 11 Years Ago


It was good I liked it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 12, 2009

Author

Aldora Sparrow
Aldora Sparrow

About
I have been writing for longer than I can remember, but it was only during 7th grade did I start to write outside of class. I am still inexperienced and I love helpful comments. I love to write fa.. more..

Writing