Part V

Part V

A Chapter by Aldora Sparrow
"

Final chapter of Silvestra's Host

"

Part V

 

“Hey! Help me out here!” Lavi yelled, swaying under the weight of a cardboard box. Silvestra shook her head in exasperation at her hopeless boyfriend. Closing the distance between them with a few swift strides, she took the other side and helped him heft it into the moving truck. He wiped his arm across his forehead, grinning.

“I think that’s the last one.” He leaned his head against the cold metal, a refuge in the scalding summer heat. She went over and rested her head on his shoulder. There was a quiet moment passed between them. Then he shifted over and, in a somewhat worried voice, murmured in her ear, “You sure you’re ok with moving to your aunt’s?”

“I see no other path, as much as I would dislike it,” she replied, wincing a little as she remembered the not-so-pleasant experiences with her censorious aunt.

He shifted a little then offered, “You could stay with me…”

“And risk ruining our relationship? I don’t think so,” she laughed. From his expression, she knew, somewhere, he agreed with her. “Some time apart won’t hurt us. It’ll just make me appreciate you more.” She winked.

Looking around a little, he pulled her into the shadow of the truck’s side. Then he pushed her against the side of the truck, trapping her in the cage his arms formed against the ice-cold metal. The long shadow dripped on his gentle face. “Promise to write?” his voice deep and tawny eyes magnetizing.

“Only every day.”

He moved a little closer. “Not going to cheat on me?”

Sighing, she shook her head at his apparent self-consciousness. Reaching up, she kissed him, welcoming his unconditional warmth. He willingly kissed back. The summer heat only added intensity and passion through their touch. When they broke apart, she gazed deeply into his golden eyes like a lion’s. “I will only love you, Lavi. We’ve been through too much together.”

He visibly relaxed, purring slightly. As he leaned in for another kiss, she slyly slipped from his grasp. “Let me go check inside the house again,” she said.

As she stepped out from the shadows, she blinked, feeling her eyes adjust to the sudden light. After Abaddon’s death, she wasn’t sure why, but her black gold-flecked eyes turned to a piercing silver. Lavi teased her and called her his precious “Silver.”

Scanning the empty house, she caught sight of a lone knife abandoned on the ground. To open boxes she guessed. Pushing her short hair out of her eyes, she accidentally grabbed the cold sharp blade instead of the handle. Cursing a little and dropping the knife instinctively, she went to the sink to wash the wound. But when she went to clean it, much to her astonishment, it was already healing.

Suddenly, she remembered, weeks ago, when Dr. Mallory gave her a shot and, outside the door, there were other doctors who watched expectantly. As she recalled, she felt her canine teeth lengthen a little and she felt another heart beat with hers.

“Daciana…?” And she remembered what Abaddon said, a long time ago.

If it accepts its host, then it can heal any injury and we can regain those senses that we lost in our arrogance. We needn’t fear the Smoke… Immortality won’t be just a dream anymore…

            “That’s wonderful, Silvestra…”

 



© 2010 Aldora Sparrow


Author's Note

Aldora Sparrow
Thank you for holding out this far. Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

HOPE IT WINS THIS CONTEST..LOVE IT!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow i'm ammazed that's a great book nice work

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010


Author

Aldora Sparrow
Aldora Sparrow

About
I have been writing for longer than I can remember, but it was only during 7th grade did I start to write outside of class. I am still inexperienced and I love helpful comments. I love to write fa.. more..

Writing