Fantasy

Fantasy

A Poem by hogan
"

Examination of invention

"
It's so strange, how something that starts as chemical orientation,
A cell composed of just two stands of bisected nucleic acid.
That grows through the process of replication and differentiation,
Develops into an initial individual, so placid.
Unrelenting absorption of data, processed in a neural network,
Leads to the metamorphosis from existence to awareness.
Function and rhythms, cycles and systems run like clockwork.
Sights, sounds, tastes, smells and touches are perceived in clearness.
As the emerging and awakening mind is suspended in awe,
At the breathtaking magic of it's newly discovered reality. 
All the new discoveries and learning to undertake, so much to explore.
As the pieces of the puzzle are assembled, the missing parts are filled with fantasy.
Now there is no going back, around each obscured corner is something better.
Forget all the facts, what is real does not suffice.
All the systems and rules are constraints, they are the mind's fetter.
Searching inwards and outwards for anything that is not concise.
The new toys of imagination, invention and fantasy,
Provide the mechanism to deviate from the containing steel rails.
To search out for a junction that leads away from reality,
As one's mind meanders into a new world, the real one pales.
How far to take the deviation from known facts.
Inventions of new world's, vampires, aliens and more.
Turning to divine creators who direct our free will or with the Devil make pacts.
As the beautiful reality decays into a mundane mire, we seek a new door.
Now we must decide how to handle life's cup,
For some it feels half empty, for some half full.
If we are too greedy, too much from it we sup,
And if we are too timid, it will evaporate as we mull.
The deep thoughts and turmoil inside,
Can be released in so many ways.
To write, to paint, to f**k whilst tied.
She sits alone meditating, on his computer he plays.
Some turn their reality to fantasy,
And some their fantasy to reality.
And you?

© 2012 hogan


Author's Note

hogan
If you like say so, thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem was definitely filled with great word usages, great deep thoughts, and a great look at society. I think the line "As the beautiful reality decays into a mundane mire, we seek a new door." really sums up this poem well. I think as a society we are always wanting more, seeking and searching for inventions, new outlooks, new doors, new everything- we are an obsessed culture with always wanting more and never being happy with what we have in the present. It is good to want more- but some go a bit overboard with materialistic things. Great question to the ending of a great poem--keep up the good writing and never give up on your poems!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

Thanks for such a constructive review, and time spent on detail. I like to write as the words form .. read more



Reviews

I do like this. I do not see it as disappointment or bitterness but a simple facing of reality that begins with a single cell.
I believe you can build on reality. And I believe that fantasy can come true--but only if reality was at its base.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

The main point I wanted to put across was that human nature contains the strands of creativity and i.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
I sense almost a bitterness that from the most fundamental elements composing who we are, reality somehow helps dictate who we become. I have often been disappointed by the ingredients of concepts that somehow dictate our goals and standards. At least, that is what I detect here and I can only hope it's right.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

I have no bitterness, but I do believe that it is all to easy to become disenchanted with the cards .. read more
I like. I am trying to put into words what I like; definitely the usage of reality, how the simple components make up the complex human, who then goes on to fathom beyond the actuality around us. For me there is a sort of bitterness in thinking up different worlds, when we barely know our own and barely understand the miracle of ourselves. Maybe I just have a very strange fantasy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback.
hogan

11 Years Ago

And you are the first person to shelve my work in your library.
Extant

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.
I like what I like.
A wonderful poem that acknowledges the central role of fantasy in our lives

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

Thanks, and you recognised the simple but strong point of my thoughts
You little b***h....

I want to write like you DX

Posted 11 Years Ago


hogan

11 Years Ago

Why do you think all men are b******s?
✖Lust✖

11 Years Ago

>_> Only the ones who write better than me.
Nah you're not a b*****d you just a really good wr.. read more
hogan

11 Years Ago

If you really want to see what I can write try to find about thirty minutes to read the opening chap.. read more
This poem was definitely filled with great word usages, great deep thoughts, and a great look at society. I think the line "As the beautiful reality decays into a mundane mire, we seek a new door." really sums up this poem well. I think as a society we are always wanting more, seeking and searching for inventions, new outlooks, new doors, new everything- we are an obsessed culture with always wanting more and never being happy with what we have in the present. It is good to want more- but some go a bit overboard with materialistic things. Great question to the ending of a great poem--keep up the good writing and never give up on your poems!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hogan

11 Years Ago

Thanks for such a constructive review, and time spent on detail. I like to write as the words form .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 20, 2012
Tags: Fantasy, reality, awareness, deviation.

Author

hogan
hogan

blackpool, United Kingdom



About
Currently working on a series of short and contemporary horror stories. Decided to join this site because I have been working on a project for the last fifteen years. Fourteen thinking and one writi.. more..

Writing
The decision The decision

A Chapter by hogan