The Frog Lady

The Frog Lady

A Story by dashpat
"

troo story

"
JUNE CARCASSE'


“Froggy’s, mommy’s here” June sang out the back screen door. “Come out my lovelies mommy’s here now".

June had her frog dangle earrings on like she wore everyday Sunday, and her frog slippers and her frog sweater. Once she changed out of that ridiculous Church outfit that pinched,

she always felt more real and infinitely more comfortable.

Then it began, a subtle yet crescendoing cacophany of frog talk which was music to June’s ears. “Oh there you are” she smiled as the grass began to move with a surreal pattern of greens and browns. Hundreds of frogs squirmed and hopped her direction.

June sat swinging in her yard chair marveling at the increase in frog numbers as she noticed a mound of frog babies at the base of her Live Oak she called “Mushroom".

Suddenly, she heard the doorbell ring. “Listen froggies, she said, my young doctor is here, now we all must be on our best behavior!” “I can’t believe she actually came!”

But no one was at the door, or walking away, or parked and waiting or anywhere is sight only a small box was there tied with a green ribbon.

It was her young doctor who had been there. The brave young woman who had held pressure on a groin wound that had opened up spraying bright red arterial blood all over the cath lab last week. While holding pressure, the young doctor asked June not about her chest pains, and diet and smoking history, no she wanted to know everything about the frogs. She was convinced that an environment filled with frogs was “hopeful”, “healthy”, “encouraging” and “mysterious” and promised to stop by on Sunday.

“Oh dear” June said with her hand on her heart. "Look froggies, just look at this!” “It’s so beautiful sparkling in the sunshine”. June attached the crystal frog pin to her chest and re-read the small note for the fifteenth time which said: “Sorry Ms. June, had to go got paged. Can’t wait to meet your frogs I’ll be back”.

© 2017 dashpat


Author's Note

dashpat
introducing: June Carcasse'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

fun interesting read, nice write

Posted 6 Years Ago


Well, that was interesting. I hope there turns out to more to the story, all the characters, including the amphibian extras, are intriguing. I also hope June does not turn out to be French. Time will tell.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Delmar Cooper

6 Years Ago

Too cool, I thought that might be the case, not the Indiana part, I'm merely clever, not clairvoyant.. read more
dashpat

6 Years Ago

you are hilarious, i have eaten enormous plump tasty frog legs only once, in Dijon, while smoking an.. read more
Delmar Cooper

6 Years Ago

I passed through France once it was Nice.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2017
Last Updated on December 30, 2017

Author

dashpat
dashpat

About
I am a Death Poet more..

Writing
deadman deadman

A Poem by dashpat