Jump Starter: What It's For, and How to Use It

Jump Starter: What It's For, and How to Use It

A Story by David Butler
"

Battery jump starters are probably one of the man’s most useful inventions right up there with sliced bread. It is one of the few solutions to dead batteries that actually work if used properly.

"

Battery jump starters are probably one of the man’s most useful inventions right up there with sliced bread. It is one of the few solutions to dead batteries that actually work if used properly. Investing in one is a sound decision, especially if you own two or more cars. 

 

You never know when you will wake up one morning only to find that your car’s battery dead. Charging a car battery will take a long time, and in order to charge it using your car’s engine system, you would have to drive around the city a couple of times to get a decent level of charge. Here are some things to remember when purchasing and buying a battery booster pack or a battery jump starter: 




 

1. Not all battery jump starter packs are created equal. If you are unsure of what brand or size of jump starter is best for your car, visit your local mechanic, or a friend who knows a lot about automotive technology. 

 

You will probably be able to get a few recommendations from these folks. Just remember that you should also use your best decision-making skills to determine what type of booster pack is best for your car. 

 

Check the features, power capacity, and the accessories that are included with your battery booster pack. A stripped down battery booster pack will be equipped with just a pair of alligator clamps and nothing more. 

 

Fancier battery booster packs have other accessories included, like battery gauges, spare clamps, etc. These accessories can be quite useful but nothing is more useful than the actual battery booster. So, focus on the speculations and functionality of the battery booster first, before panning your focus to the accessories and freebies. 

 

2. If you have separate equipment for inflating your tires and such, don’t buy a battery boost with these extra features. On the flip side, if you don’t have spare air compressors, lights, etc., a battery booster with these additional features is a good investment. It is best to buy a high capacity battery boost if you want a higher chance of reviving your car’s battery, too. Remember: the bigger the package, the higher the capacity, unless the battery boost is advertised as multi-function equipment meant to replace multiple tools and gadgets. 

 

3. It is actually very easy to use a battery boost or battery jump starter. You see those two cables running from the battery boost? Those represent the positive and negative terminals of your car’s battery. Simply connect the right wire to each of the terminals, and turn on the battery boost. Turn on the ignition and see if your battery has been revived. The peak power of the battery boost will be transferred to the dead battery and, when you try to turn on the car, the peak power of the battery boost will help your car start. Take note, however, that a battery boost is just that: a battery boost. It is not a charger, and it will never replace a battery charger. 

© 2017 David Butler


Author's Note

David Butler
Hello, reader, I am David from the USA. I am a writer and writing so many articles about baby gear, pregnancy, lifestyle, car accessories etc. Today, I am writing Essential car accessories jump starter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017
Tags: jump satrter

Author

David Butler
David Butler

Parker, CO



About
I am an amateur problem solver,social media expert, award-winning internet fan, writer, subtly charming student,organizer, friendly creator. And I am a blogger also. more..

Writing