A Mario Philosophy

A Mario Philosophy

A Poem by Not here

what's the point of living if we're just wasting away?
make a lot of money then blow it all in a day.
what's the point of living if we're dying to our death?
make a lot of money and finance your final breath.

Could we all be losers settling the final score?
Make a lot of money. Waste it tryin' to make some more.
Why is everybody racing towards our darkened cliff?
We all like to dream, but nobody questions 'what if?'

make yourself a dreamer. We're all losing just the same.
give yourself a six and me a dice and that's the game.
you don't have to be any more perfect than you are.
most of the time, stars all form a little, dirty, speckled, shining star.

If I was a dreamer, I'd pretend life was a dream.
Shut out all the noises, all the cockroaches, the scream.
You can say whatever you would like but it's not true.
Show me what your actions really are through what you do.
Show me what your message really is through all the things you think are true.

© 2016 Not here


Author's Note

Not here
If you want to personal message me, I'll give you the meaning of this poem to me, but otherwise I keep things a secret. I'll gladly let you know if you personal message me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Getting down to the bottom life, eh? I like it! Your grammar bothered me a bit, but I think that it reinforces your message even more so. Your flow is VERY smooth, and that makes me VERY happy. This is truly poetry, not a mish-mash of words thrown together. It gives all of us something to ponder, in our lives and the going ons of others. You have to wonder if writing is a way to establish the goals set out in your last stanza...

Happy Reading and Writing,
Firabelle.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thank firabelle :) I really appreciate it and I'm glad you like it. It makes me glad that you think .. read more
Life is a gamble, a river of a ride whereby you go with the flow and enjoy the ride or against and you tire and die. We are just like any species living, breeding and working to continue the line. A good write to ponder, dissecting the riddles of life on why and for what!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thank you andrew :) You always have very insightful reviews. I appreciate it.
I really like the last stanza!
Keep it up!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thanks Emily :)
Life sure is curious Dante. What is the point and why? Could we all be losers? I wonder if we'll ever know. Keep writing! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thanks smiley face :) I apprecaite it.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A real good lesson of life, Dante. Well done. :) Rudi

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thanks Rudi :) I appreciate it
I love it. It is true that we waste a lot of money just to waste it. We fight until our last breath just to gain another dollar. It's sad. This is splendid work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thank you Tamika and I'm very glad you got the message :)
I like this writing. You are questioning the value of the normal lifestyle of making money. Furthermore, showing how fleeting and pointless it can be. However, in the last stanza, you start showing how to see what is worthy, "Show me what your actions really are through what you do." There are some grammar issues, but they do not detract from the message you are trying to get across.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not here

7 Years Ago

Thank you H.L. If you're talking about the first letter of some lines not being capitalized, that wa.. read more
H.L. Cerveise

7 Years Ago

I figured that might be intentional, no problem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2016

Author

Not here
Not here

WA



About
welcome more..

Writing
Midnight Midnight

A Chapter by Not here


Morning Morning

A Chapter by Not here



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..