Katie Didn't Change Much

Katie Didn't Change Much

A Story by Wavvy Davie

Katie Didn’t Change Much

 

I don’t care about many things, I guess. My mother always used to have some saying about that but I don’t remember what it was. I don’t like my mother much, so I never really cared to listen to what she had to say. I don’t regret that. I used to watch a lot of movies. I would never finish them though. I would start them then get distracted by something else and never remember to go back and finish them. Or maybe I never cared enough to put the effort into finishing them. I don’t remember. I don’t remember much. I remember my first time. I remember that it happened, anyway. I’ve had a few girls, but it was never anything spectacular. It didn’t have any lasting effect on me or anything. There were never any “fireworks” I guess. I’ve never really been that interested in girls, to be honest. Or boys. I guess I just don’t care much for relationships.

 

When I met Katie I was swimming in the bay by the dock. Normally I don’t swim in the bay because the water is brown and murky, but this was one of the days when the light is just right and the water is a deep, verdant green. Katie had green eyes. I remember when I first saw them it was like looking through two holes in her head and seeing the water behind her. She was sitting on the dock with her feet in the water. Her left foot was slowly circling in the water like she was trying to catch a fish with her toes. She was wearing a yellow sundress with little pink flowers all over it. I remember it because I thought it was interesting how much the color of her dress contrasted with the color of the water and the color of the sky and the dark color of her skin and hair. Almost like a painting. She asked me what my name was and I told her and she laughed and said it was a funny name and for a second I forgot where I was and what I was doing and started sinking into the water. She laughed at that too. I had never thought about it before but when she mentioned it I realized that I guess I do have a funny name. I guess I never cared enough to think about it.

 

I had Katie in the old boathouse by the dock. At first she said she wouldn’t do it because it was too dark inside the boathouse and it smelled like rotten wood and all the dust kept making her sneeze but I guess she wanted it more than she let on because eventually she had me. It wasn’t terrible I guess. She said that it was her first time but I don’t really know if I believe that. I remember all her clothes matched which was pretty cute I guess. Afterwards I wanted to just lie there for a while but she started sneezing again and said that she couldn’t stay anymore. I let her go. I guess I just didn’t care enough to try to stop her. I remember when she was leaving her feet didn’t leave deep indentations in the grass like mine did. She walked gracefully, like a doe walks. I know how a doe walks because I have to walk through the woods to get to the dock and sometimes I’ll see some deer in a clearing. They walk gracefully. Katie was like a doe. I guess I kind of liked that about her.

 

I went back to the dock the next day to see if I could swim again but the water was dark and murky again. Katie didn’t show up which was okay. I wasn’t expecting to see her or anything. She didn’t show up the rest of the week either. Then it started getting too cold to swim so I stopped going to the dock. I didn’t see Katie again. I don’t really care that much though so I guess it’s okay. Katie didn’t change much. 

© 2017 Wavvy Davie


Author's Note

Wavvy Davie
ignore grammar problems please thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on September 20, 2017
Tags: short story, teen angst, teen, love

Author

Wavvy Davie
Wavvy Davie

Baton Rouge, LA



About
My name is David Weimer. I'm currently in high school. more..