Superman's Eyes

Superman's Eyes

A Poem by David W Moore III
"

Surreal crashes into concrete in this trippy piece

"
A rainbow coruscates in light scape drops
Pattering the ground with iridescent puddles.
Orange-blossom thunder brightens the air
Absorbed immediately by Elvis-painting velvet skies.

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's Christopher Reeve in a wheelchair wearing a headband of star fire.
His Bud Light remains untouched,
condensation running zig-zag down the frosted aluminum to the cup holder attached inexplicably to his leg.
Daft Punk (and a nod to the moon) pumps outrageous beats and seriously auto-tuned voices past his unhearing ears.
His red cape whips to the beat as solar winds shred nebulous clouds.
And still is as still was, never moving at the brink of the abyss.

A passing comet strays too close and the Bud Light erupts, raining fermented foam and barely colored liquids to mix strangely with the multifaceted mud.

Like a statue forged in Spandex, to the molecule, he moves not, glued in place by an excess of dark matter.

But his eyes...
Twin vortices of light and matter not unlike dual singularities.
Simultaneously devouring and creating...
Superman's eyes...

© 2013 David W Moore III


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

they eyes always tell so much...even in his state, christopher's eyes still shone with the intensity of the man of steel...inside he was still fighting so hard, even when his body was giving in...

i always find that the eyes tell the real story----we can see lies or truth...fear or courage...

always, the eyes.

really strong write.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


David W Moore III

8 Years Ago

Eyes are as has been said windows to the soul.
Thank you for the kind words.
I was heartbroken when I heard of Christopher Reeves accident in the prime of life. I cheered him on as he fought for a cure for spinal cord injuries. I was devastated when he died without fulfilling that dream. But, in the end, I hope since he is definitely in heaven now that he can truly fly.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Brilliance! You always whirl my imagination!

Posted 10 Years Ago


David W Moore III

10 Years Ago

Thank you beautiful poppy. It was definitely a strange write. I let it flow from the ether, or my id.. read more
Ruth

10 Years Ago

Best way lovely xx
damn, dave, that was intense...

Posted 10 Years Ago


David W Moore III

10 Years Ago

This one took over my hands and wrote itself from the ether. I let go and just wrote what came out. .. read more
This poem confirms my impression of David`s style, this a kind of modern Liverpool poetry with a media background. Like this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David W Moore III

10 Years Ago

Liverpool with media? Interesting. I like it. :)
It was sad what happen to Christopher Reeve. He was a good actor. Funny how we change view on people. The old Superman had taught me. All of us can be wounded or hurt. I did like the description and the story in the poem. I like the ending. Gave the poem good closure. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely written! I loved this

Posted 10 Years Ago


sounds captivating. i like the variety of elements in your imagery...so good he is still remembered as the Super Man we grew up with. i'm a fan of daft punk too. excellent poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


David W Moore III

10 Years Ago

Thank you. This one came out of nowhere. When, begun it was not going to have superman in it, but ap.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013

Author

David W Moore III
David W Moore III

New Orleans, LA



About
Please, if you wish to send a friend request, read something of mine first (you may find that you hate me!) Also, please note, that while I try, I do not comment on others great works as much as I s.. more..

Writing
Jake Jake

A Story by David W Moore III



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


City Of Souls City Of Souls

A Poem by Bubo