Gleam of Hope

Gleam of Hope

A Stage Play by sentimental~ galore

Gleam of Hope

Regan is a twenty- three year old who is forced to look inside herself after looking into the eyes of a homeless woman. In this moment she is talking to her ex fiancé who wants answers from her about why she walked out on her marriage.

Look what I am telling you (pause) it’s…well, maybe you should just hear it. But just know sometimes you see things that change you…I am not saying I have all the answers, but I saw something amazing, something that many people are blind to. An entirely different planet of truth, and I probably sound like freak or a complete psycho but, really it’s beyond any reality, it’s like a miracle. I was looking in the mirror and I swear to god I saw my soul. I was looking, and all I could see were my (pause) eyes, and that’s when I broke down and started weeping like a lost child in the woods. (Eyes light up) It was like flying in a sea of surreal colors and creatures no one could imagine. There were scars, bruises, and stars everywhere. I was floating in my tears, and every inch of my passion and pain was spread across my limbs like water over the ocean. I cried, and I cried because it was too…beautiful and too pure that I wasn’t supposed to see it. I was somewhere else, somewhere out of this universe, somewhere out of my body. (See the images) I could see the children weeping on the streets, soldiers marching over blood, trees burning under the sunlight, and a woman who was wailing for her lost soul. So I walked over and (pause) I shared my soul with her. I looked her in the eyes and suddenly we were one person. One person standing over a hill of lost souls searching for their scars and stars. But they didn’t know the secret, that all they had to do was look in their eyes. Really look into their eyes, than maybe they’d finally see what they’ve been looking for. Not just full black, but gleams of hope scattered everywhere.

© 2011 sentimental~ galore


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hope is there if we look, good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This isn't written in script like formatting. Have you tried to look up examples of stage plays? I've worked as an Assistant Director for three college plays. That's why I was asking. What is your main objective with this play? It takes a lot of work to get a stage play put together in a quality like fashion. I knew one writer who acted his scripts to see how things worked with it. Maybe acting it out with friends can help you with it?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 22, 2011

Author

sentimental~ galore
sentimental~ galore

on the moon, CA



About
Ranbir. Eighteen and looking for answers with great glory. Wrapped in the seeds of adventures. Vanilla coffee, Rasberry iced tea, and A Fine Frenzy. Bob Dylan Bucket of blues and eyes eager to see.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..