Innocent footsteps

Innocent footsteps

A Poem by sentimental~ galore

Roaming in the vast forest, storm of love on the way.

Tiny rocks under our bare feet, lavender breeze in our faces,

Like school children we chase one another,

Between the ancient trees, under the bold waves of the sky,

You hold my cold hand, warm them with your tender touch

You guide me down the path, into the palace of our dreams

No one can stop us, we will build our own world, a brand new galaxy.

Of green hills, endless books, satin sheets, laced love, and yellow cottages.

We will travel through time, pave the steps to our castle.

Our dreams, our own little personal desire for a thunder storm.

© 2011 sentimental~ galore


Author's Note

sentimental~ galore
It short and authentic....i may add more later. Anyways review and advise! Thanks...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds... beautiful

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice imagery. There's not much to correct here. There is a problem with the flow in a few lines, but it's great otherwise. You have a knack for ending lines. It's a nice poem XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the imagery in this poem. Fantastic keep it up :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Simply amazing! I really love how you wrote this poem :) Thank you for sharing! I'm so glad I have read this one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I find it so descriptive yet brief. You have found a delicate relation with your words here. Magnificent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great poem. It's so sweet and very nicely detailed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Building that perfect harmony, great poem my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Ranbir, you hath taken my breath away once more! Firstly, f**k what other people are commenting about the title. "Innocent Footsteps". Great title. To me it infers two people taking innocent footsteps toward each other as in they are innocently liking each other more and more. The innocence Is said throughout the poem in the third line especially "Like school children we chase one another" I infer that this is either a metaphore for the couple chasing one anothers' affection, or that they are literally chasing each other having fun like innocent children. Footsteps are possibly the footsteps being taken toward one another emotionally, as in they are likeing each other more and more, or they are the physical footsteps being taken with one another within the dreamland of these two that they wish to share in a future expirience. "Roaming the vast forest" in line one: nature, natural things happening between these two. "Storm of love on the way" in line one as well: they are simply falling in love. "Tiny rocks under our bare feet, lavender breeze in our faces," I imagine just is fantasy for good things happening while these two are together. "Between the ancient trees, under the bold waves of the sky," Shows the environment a little closer: it is a calm beautiful day, and the area they are in is becoming well developed. "You hold my cold hand, warm them with your tender touch" This is my favorite line. The main character felt cold until the other character warmed her; this could be a metaphore for being warmed by one's love for another, and the two holding hands unifies togetherness between the two physically/emotionally. "You guide me down the path, into the palace of our dreams" This may infer that she was lost until he showed her the way to her dreams; she didn't know what she wanted but he being with her made her realize what she wanted (more clearly). "No one can stop us, we will build our own world, a brand new galaxy." I like this because it shows how close they are supercedes physical reality; that they can pave the paths of their own lives together however they want. "Of green hills, endless books, satin sheets, laced love, and yellow cottages." I think this is a list of the things that the two want to share with one another. I really liked the "laced love" because it flows smothly off the tongue and infers deep passion. "We will travel through time, pave the steps to our castle." Again I think this infers the fact that they can pave the path to their own dreams becoming reality. "Our dreams, our own little personal desire for a thunder storm." - the last line: The poem is about the things that the two share in desire for, and the poem ends off with another little thing that they share in common; possibly one of the first things that the two discovered they shared in common of desire.

Great poem full of meaning and love

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What does 'personnel' have to do with it? Re write this after a date.

Posted 13 Years Ago


short but sweet,a wonderful write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

712 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011

Author

sentimental~ galore
sentimental~ galore

on the moon, CA



About
Ranbir. Eighteen and looking for answers with great glory. Wrapped in the seeds of adventures. Vanilla coffee, Rasberry iced tea, and A Fine Frenzy. Bob Dylan Bucket of blues and eyes eager to see.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Marilyn Marilyn

A Poem by OT