And then, I died for the last time.

And then, I died for the last time.

A Poem by deadlife
"

dreams.hopes.courage.life.

"

Wings.
They tore them apart
From me,
And buried them deep.
My wings.
I was missing
A piece of mine
I was lost.
And then, I died for the last time.
But the call,
My dreams
Hopes.
I raised a hand
To hold the sky.
Dreams
I tried to fly
Again-
And fell
I lost wings.
Fell
Broke my chin,
And then, I died for the last time.
Again.
But hope
Pulled me back
Moved me
Picked me
Threw me
High
Up
To the sky.
But wings
I lost wings.
But hope
I would not.

~I WILL FLY~

Though I fell
And then, I died for the last time.
Once again. . .

© 2008 deadlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is something about the simplicity of this poem that I really dig. I especially like the ending...definitely throws the reader through a loop.
As far as favorite lines go, I liked this little part:
But hope
Pulled me back
Moved me
Picked me
Threw me
High
Up
To the sky.

I could really visualize this happening! Thanks for sharing a good write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i really liked this poem! it was simple and easy to relate to. i think everybody has had this happen to them in some form or another, someone is putting you down, you've lost your "wings" some how and you try to be yourself or get back to normal but something is always happening to where you fall back down. very depressing that can be. i liked the scenes you painted with your words here. very thought provoking and all.

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW dude GReat write!! this connects to me on so many levels! sad yes and every body is constantly take your wings in life and watching you fall. but some times falling is the best part.. Keep up the Great job B.P.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Again, strong words. The placement and spacing seem to add such emphasis to the message.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was such a heavy thought provoking piece. I love the imagery of it and the scenes it paints in my mind's eye wit a clarity of vivid capturing of life in a way. I see the life of some one and their trials. This was beautifully written and a wonderful read.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Your words seem brand new to me. But I am so excited to explore further. Falling and flying. Raching and dying. Those final lines say much of hope.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautifull metaphor for life - up and down like a rollercoaster and what I really appreciate in this poem is the ending as you can read it as ... Once again (all over). Very cyclic - very repetitive - real emotions (disappointed hope). Metaphoricaly a very beautifull image of life and feelings in general.

Butterflies do you know? That's their way of naturaly dying (besides being eaten by a hawk) ... their wings get *eroded* and they can't fly anymore: neither to search for food, neither to avoid being eaten up ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is beautiful. I can relate to this sentiment so much. thanks for entering my contest.

peace,
D

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely agree with the previous reviewer...I'm not sure I can add much more - this is a melancholic tale but the hope shines forth beautifully and serenely. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tragic tale of trial and error. try try again. its a cycle of broken bones and broken hearts. every trial is a stone built with strength. well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such simple honesty... I loved this piece. I especially loved the line "And then, I died for the last time." This line just stuck out to me. I don't like repetition for repetition's sake, but here, you used repetition well. When used well, it's a wonderful thing; here, it's perfect. I loved reading this; I had the effect that I was drifting. Up and down. Up and down. It was kinda like being a feather caught in a draft. Very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 8, 2008
Last Updated on September 15, 2008

Author

deadlife
deadlife

New Delhi, India



About
I was born. I live. I'll die. I know nothing. Where I came from? Where will I go? I'm ignorant of my existance. I'm uncertain of myself. No beliefs. No religion. No god. Know Go.. more..

Writing
I Believe I Believe

A Poem by deadlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am Beowulf I am Beowulf

A Poem by Bubo