i hear that they killed me.

i hear that they killed me.

A Poem by deadlife
"

.awareness.

"

once again

i hear them saying that they killed me.
and once agian...

i am going to believe it.

© 2008 deadlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Few tiny little words with a thunderous impact into the depth's of human psyche.

Oh yes others opinion and/or words can mean death or glory to our future, at least in our own psychical stability!

Your poem is very thought provoking and inspiring. Absolutely great! Thanks for it!

A favorite!



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is no such a thing as bad as breaking a spirit. Those who do are victims of a worst kind of violence...
Heart Wrenching!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm.. It made me think a lot. I'm not sure I understand though haha. I was expecting something like "and once again i'll let them think what they want to think." so your last line baffled me. Then, I realized I had to look at it in a way that was not my own reflexive, human thought process. I realized that the person is going with the flow, you know. I guess that's both beautiful and slightly depressing. Like, if it was just observing them saying that and living life anyway, i'd say go with the flow, but something about the "i'm going to believe it" sort of hints at sadness, maybe lost with the roller coaster, holding on. Donno :). Interesting view :-P.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is sad. So few words but such depth to them. Words hold power and I think that the words you chose for this poem have an impact. Your poem caused me to stop and think. This is really good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


oo. sad. what a raw intellection.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very interesting, a look inside what they said, and answering with you going with the piece. Nice idea, thanks for sharing

Posted 16 Years Ago


my two first reactions were, Ouch and who is them?

strong piece! nice work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


How can so few words have such a momentous impact? You've managed to strike a fine balance here, with using few words and expressing complete thoughts. It's a beautiful things. I sense weary resignation in the speaker's tone.

In using few words, you allow the reader to draw several different conclusions. I love it when this happens. Fun stuff.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I actually gave this write a couple of reads and...
I found it very much deep and vivid.
Amazing write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


They have no authority, resistance to them is still one of the keys - if not the only - to Life, Love ...
Though I don't always agree with the content, I read several poems of you and I like your style of writing very much ... very good poetry (ignore this minuscule detail, for I would prefer not to say it, but a little typo in 'again' strikes the eye as it is a short poem ;)

Why die in my sleep? To forget everything ... oblivion ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is intense. it brought me in many different directions. made me think of how people can beat us down, get the best of us, and we allow it (believe it) i love the succinct briliance of this. great write



Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 28, 2008

Author

deadlife
deadlife

New Delhi, India



About
I was born. I live. I'll die. I know nothing. Where I came from? Where will I go? I'm ignorant of my existance. I'm uncertain of myself. No beliefs. No religion. No god. Know Go.. more..

Writing
I Believe I Believe

A Poem by deadlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..