Anti-Martyr Equals Bloody Ratings

Anti-Martyr Equals Bloody Ratings

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

It is not pretty but it is true.

"

 

In the blink of an eye you changed the lives

of innocent strangers just to get the attention

of the mass media to make a pointless point.

Shot gunned Sally was widowed mother of three,

now she’s just a blurry memory

of three youths lost within the system

because of a grudge against a corporation

she had nothing to do with.

Those are just four hearts you destroyed

in the name of self-pity.

Then you made an appointment with your maker

so you wouldn’t have to answer for the evil doings

leaving the victims without a chance for justice.

Claiming to be a martyr of the system in your final words

but the reality is you are were coward donating your blood

to the vampires of the newsroom.

© 2013 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Events like that can be distorted according to directives.

Tis said that the written media gives the reading population what it reads.. so if you want 'rags', you know what rag to read. However, doesn't stop there, it's finding the paper or whatever that reports facts not opinions, who treat real life priorities as what they are, not what THEY at the top consider is politically or commercially appropriate.

Trouble is so many in the media field are controlled by people who are vying for position. Truth is often juggled, politics and finances hold the reins. For sure investigative journalism has it's vampires - and its surgeons who know exactly where to cut. Sorry, venting.
This is a great post, Dale.. just read a saucy.cheeky poem by you that put a smile on my mouth, this however, enflames the heart and gets the mind going. THANK YOU.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Do not apologize for venting... I am glad you expressed your thoughts... very deep and insightful. .. read more
The world is a vampire, says Billy Corgan. I think it's true.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

I believe he is right.
vampires of the news room
and so much more to this
like the martyr usage they do view themselves as such the world in need and we need death to save us made the appointment with your maker-love the imagery with this like I will have my people call your people(at least for me)
thank you for sharing I will call with my donation*)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much... Whatever you give would be appreciated, lol
The Mainstream Media in this country need to wake the hell up...sensationalizing certain stories while turning a blind eye to others is not what journalism is supposed to be about. Then again, there is not one single investigative reporter in the entire left wing news arena, so that really doesn't surprise me...Good work here, Dale. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your intellectual wisdom vacker
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

Always my pleasure...and thank you.
It all seems to be a continuous cycle. You wash my back I'll wash yours. ood poem with a great ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Yes it does and the media is partly to blame.
Relic

11 Years Ago

Oh, I think they have a lot to blame myself. They are quick to jump on a story without getting all t.. read more
THose last lines are really great...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
Thought provoking!...I am not sure what this particular story is about...but I don't really watch the news..seeps in unwanted as it is...because the news seems to be more entertainment than news worthy anymore...but then as I say that...that is what your piece is about ! ..the feeding frenzy of the loosely named news!! ...so much to say..but i will stop here ( : I plead the excuse of a fevered mind ..

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

This is not about a particular story... just doing a general story based on all these tragedies that.. read more
Renée

11 Years Ago

can you imagine at least for the usa .. when the west "was being won" what the news would have been .. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Oh my God, no I haven't, but I will now.
The last line is really powerful. Reminds me of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry..."

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

yeah, well done for sure. you know me, always looking through the looking glass of music:)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

That is a good thing, I do it too.
The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

yes it is!
First of all..........WOW, what a title!! Is one a martyr because they can get the most media attention, but they really aren't a martyr at all!
God help us as this happens far too often!! Your last lines are the real wake up call. The media just loves to get hold of a "blood squirting" story to make their coffins open again and again!
The irony of it all is that the person actually does believe they are doing something good for mankind!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Yep, The media feed on these stories prompting others do to it as well.
the last two lines, wow..."donating your blood/ to the vampires of the newsroom"

really strong ending to a powerful piece of writing....and yes, this is happening all too often in society today.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

The problem is they know if they do it they will be all over the news so instead of just offing them.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2013
Last Updated on March 16, 2013

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Windy Windy

A Story by Samuel Dickens