Fly Raven Fly

Fly Raven Fly

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

may this be my masterpiece misinterpreted by the masses.

"

 

Fly raven fly

Above the clouds of misperception

That reigns over the misguided.

Never change your color

In order to change the world’s

Interpretation of your intent

With Poe’s heart.

You hide in the dark

Like meaning in a mad poet’s verse,

That don’t make you

The grim reaper stalking a lost soul

In the dead of night.

 

Fly raven fly

Into the harshness of judgmental light

So your shadow can reveal

The grace of your wings

Not seen in the darkness of the weak minded.

Shall your piercing eyes

Forever be the guide

For the mentally blind.

 

Fly raven fly

For nevermore shall you be grounded

By the weight of misinterpreted quotes

From faithless spirits.

May your mysterious strength

Be the inner peace that protects

The headstones of the brokenhearted.

 

Fly raven fly

So I can continue to believe

That your heartbeat

Is as free as mine.

 

© 2014 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A release, perhaps a sacrifice for that raven to fly free and feel that heart beat of freedom in words of pumping wings and shallow breaths are telltale signs of inner peace.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Nicely stated, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
serial killer of hearts...odd timing to read this today...i just showed one of my classes "Murder by Decree" last night...the 1979 film with Christopher Plummer where he is sherlock holmes on the trail of jack the ripper...in that film, the ripper is actually plural...the freemasons protecting prince...but so dark...

the students did papers on different theories of who the Ripper was...and here you capture that darkness, but more figuratively...and more about killing love.

damn this is good and with remarkable timing to what i was doing with my class...kind of scary,
Dale.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Oh yes the old debate on who ripper was… in the one a few years ago with Johnny Depp that came to .. read more
You're brave enough to present something like this. Words are powerful and the the diction is remarkable.

Isn't it FREEDOM that we want in life? When we're free to express who we are, even the deepest part of our souls...then we can say that we are really flying. But wherever we are and whatever journey we are taking, there will always be troubles that will test our strength... and those are only part of life.
Whatever happens, it's still you who will decide for your own life, with the guidance from the Lord who will serve as the wind beneath your wings. Fly high!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Oh I love the wisdom you imparted in this review, thank you very much.
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Without the darkness there would be no thing called light. Beauty lies there too....in the shadow...in the unknown...the messenger always gets the rap....so sad. There is a strength in your piece. There is a wisdom here too. Not need to misinterpert life or death....it's all around us....all within us. I thoroughly enjoyed your craft. Thank you for inviting me in:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Wow very well said, thank you for that in-depth feedback.
The authors comment brought me in lol, I wanted to misinterpret it, darn it! lol, ah but it just left me smiling. I especially enjoyed the last two stanzas. To write about the dark swell of Jack the Ripper does not make one a serial killer if it scares the bejesus outta ya then it just means you did a hellova job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

I like that, very well said. Oh and thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1111 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on April 17, 2014
Last Updated on April 17, 2014

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic