Proof Humanity Is Still Alive

Proof Humanity Is Still Alive

A Story by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

This past Sunday I saw one of the most touching things that nearly made me cry. I was so moved.

         My best friend(whom I call brother) brought his four year old daughter(whom I call my niece) to help out serving the homeless.  There is this sweet old lady Phyllis who I comes there every week. 

         She has trouble getting a round cause she wears an oxygen tank, and obviously doesn’t have much.  Well anyways she was talking to my niece Marlee and found out her birthday was a couple days away.  When she heard this, this woman who as I said practically has nothing reaches into her bag and gives Marlee 2.50 in quarters.  There are people out there with millions that wouldn’t even think of giving her a dime.

         I was so deeply moved cause her actions goes to show that humanity is still alive.

 

 

Good Bless you Phyliss.

© 2016 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a heart moment you witnessed and wrote about..Giving is a beautiful quality, and many times it happens anonymously..

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you sis... in a world of selfishness an act of kindness is always a nice surprise.
Renée

8 Years Ago

it use to be an everyday part of living.. my pleasure Bro ( ;
That was a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Humanity surely is still alive even though sometimes found where we least expect it. I hope we can all take something from this story and become more generous toward one and another.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and responding. I hope everyone does take something from it.
Sometimes the true stories are the best and most heart warming. I loved this little tale.
It reminds me of the widow woman who put in two very small copper coins at an offering where Jesus was attending.
The rich put in their offering as usual, but she gave what she had. Jesus said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
This homeless woman surely is one of those very special persons.
Thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject... and yes she is.
Having been a volunteer at animal shelters for years, I saw this behavior constantly, where the poorest people would bring in their old blankets & towels for the dogs to sleep on, or young kids having lemonade sales so they could donate their proceeds to the shelter, & the list goes on & on. It kinda makes me sick the way rich people don't even see this happening, let alone want to join in. I love this & it's so very thoughtful of you to share it with us. Very uplifting read to start my morning! (((HUGS)))

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Rich think if they don't see it then it isn't real... plus they don't understand what it is like to .. read more
Strange but true. The poor are more generous and selfless than the rich. 👏

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Yes they are... I think cause they know what it is like to have nothing.
Ah, this is the classic biblical tale that the rich ones give lots, but Jesus praises the woman who gives all she has -- come to life. Beautiful. This is a wonderful thing, and it brought tears to my eyes on a very sad day.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you hon... Sorry to hear it is a sad day. Glad you appreciated the story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2016
Last Updated on March 22, 2016

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..