The Selfie Of Dorian Gray

The Selfie Of Dorian Gray

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

an Acrostic

"

No one should be in

Any selfie that I take.

Reality of my mind

Creates a self worth

Incapable of

Seeing past my little world.

Impressively handsome

Shouts me ego,

Therefore I am the only one

In these snapshots that

Captures an essence of what is important.

© 2016 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really like this one.
How much of life we miss eh?
When we see life through a narrow lens.



Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

That is right, the most important photos we take are with our hearts.
I like how your thoughts are deep enough to imagine a classic novel into present circumstances. This makes me wonder if prettily painted self-portraits were used to boost one's self esteem, much like selfies are these days.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you s much for the review and sharing your insight.
You speak with such a powerful glimpse of our world today. I just finished reading The Picture of Dorian Gray a month or so ago, and here you transport us to these days of self indulgence.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you sir... I read it a few years ago... I also think he bordered on the verge of sociopath.
I like your take on selfies, and Oscar Wilde is one of my all time faves -- while Dorian Gray may have been a self absorbed narcissist, I find Wilde to be a tortured artist type. Well written -- even the shape of the poem matches the subject.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much... it was inspire by the book and a sermon at Church.
-- wow... what a fantastic acrostic... -- the picture of dorian gray is one of my favourite books... oscar wilde is one of my all-time favourite writers... (have you read his 'ballad of reading gaol? it's one of the most poignant poems ever written)... -- more importantly, i think you did justice to the self-consumed, self-obsessed and self-centred persona of dorian gray... and it's quite brilliant that you linked it to the phenomenon of those who are addicted to taking 'selfies'... -- excellent work...

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

That was such a great book, I also think he might border on being a sociopath... the inspiration sta.. read more
. serah .

7 Years Ago

-- you're right... he definitely had the traits of a sociopath... and it's interesting how a discour.. read more
It has been a long time since I have seen that movie, it gave me chills..as does your Acrostic.. and makes me think of all the places I have been to lately, and people seem to be more interested in taking a photo of themselves, than observing the event they paid to attend..

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Never saw the movie but I have read the book. The inspiration actually came from the sermon last Su.. read more
Renée

7 Years Ago

Must have been a great sermon...my pleasure bro ( :
I just watched that movie a few months ago. That was something else. I like Acrostics and you created a good one here using the most perfect of words for Mr. Gray. Thank you for sharing, Dale.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

I have read the book... I thought the character bordered on being a sociopath. Thank you.
Wicahpi

7 Years Ago

I should read the book. The book is always better.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

559 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 24, 2016
Last Updated on May 24, 2016

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


sparks sparks

A Poem by Lydia Shutter


Ivor Ivor

A Poem by Tate Morgan