Mirrored

Mirrored

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

We move in different directions,

You go left I go right,

You go right I must go left.

Our moods seem to be the same,

You smile, I smile,

You frown the corner of my lips points down.

When you stare into my eyes

I see what you see,

That our the roads we travel

Take us in different directions

But we feel the same way.

 

© 2016 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah yes, I do know this feeling so well. Someone who is so much like you and so good for you but is as individual as you too, and on their own path. But hopefully the destination is the same. One likes to stop and smell the roses along the way - the other likes to stop and feed the birds - but they both arrive home together. I think that's love Dale. Knowing you can walk alone when you need to and come together again.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

I enjoyed your review and reading your interpretation. Your thoughts are always valued.
Papaya

7 Years Ago

Always happy to visit Dale. :)
Very clever & interesting & thought-provoking. I find myself thinking beyond your message, to all the ways we might reflect similar expressions/feeling in some aspects, but we can also be opposites in our movements at the same time. This contrasting quirk of mirrored images is subtle & I've never heard anyone make the distinction like this. Very imaginative treatment of this idea.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

I am glad you see it many ways, that was what I was hoping for cause I had more than one meaning whe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beauty Beauty

A Poem by T.S. Ulmus