Ancient Dream

Ancient Dream

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

The pearly gate

I see in my dreams

Has lost its shine.

No effort has been made

To restore them

In the aftermath

Of the wrath 

From Imhotep’s rage

Created from the fight

With his only sun.

Peace is a pyramid

That fell out of reach

Of this world.

The planets must align

In order for it

To all make sense,

To see that heaven

Will always be the light

Come dull or shine.

© 2019 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great Egyptology reference and imagery in this contemplative work my friend. Is man turning earth into a vast necropolis through his senseless pillage and plunder? “Peace is a pyramid”- in that it will point to Heaven? I believe so. I hope the gates are restored and welcoming when the prophesied time comes. Thought-provoking write R&R.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I appreciate your insight and feedback. Glad you liked it.
I feel this world is badly tarnished & heaven seems more desirable than ever (to me, as an old person closer to dying than living). But in your poem, you take this to a level I never dreamed of -- even heaven is tarnished by all the questionable stuff going on down here. One thing I love about your approach when addressing the ills of society . . . you never sound like hellfire & brimstone, you always use a tone of understanding in your msgs, even of when writing about junk it's hard to fathom (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Thank you again. I love seeing what you take from my work.
There are layers and layers within the message of these words of yours. I wonder how deed your soul goes looking for the sense of earthly life. Again I'm fascinated by the enigma hided in the flow of this beautiful writing.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Why thank you so much.
The afterlife. The Egyptians certainly invested all their time and efforts into planning it. Fascinating subject. As to the pearly Gates of Heaven, I do believe they have rather lost their shine at the moment, as many of us have lost our ability to believe as we once did. Hoping that situation reverses one day and the light will be restored and the gates of Heaven regain their former glory. Thought provoking little poem Dale. All good wishes to you.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Thank you Christine for sharing you deep insight on my work.
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

You are very welcome Dale.
yes, heaven being the light...
it was true centuries ago...it is true now.

but the world makes so little sense right now...the light is dull at the moment...
but it is up to us to make it shine again.

all the wrath dulls that finish.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

It is certainly up to us.
Thank you Jacob.
this is wonderful... it's one of my favorite places and on my bucket list. I am absolutely fascinated with Egypt and its history and their skills were absolutely amazing. If I could go back in time to observe it when it was at its glory and I would do it in a heartbeat. But that aside I think it was well done and you could have gone on and on and would have been all that much happier as you sought peace and light in this piece.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words Pat.The encouragement is appreciated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2019
Last Updated on June 12, 2019

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fishing .. Fishing ..

A Poem by emmajoy