Nature's Lesson

Nature's Lesson

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 I stared out and watch a single tree,

leaves floating to the ground

as the limbs sway in the gentle breeze.

 

I watch the kids walking by

that just got out of school

not worrying where the future lies.

 

I check out cars old and new

with people going bout there lives

think about what’s next to do.

 

So lost in the little things

and my thoughts

I never noticed the clouds

rolling in from behind

until the rain poured down,

but that’s ok cause

it just reminds me

that those little surprises in life

keep it interesting and refreshing.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
This writing reads like a bliss...at least for me...first three stanzas are the simple realities yet so profound meanings lies in 'em....
I'd never wish to go back in my childhood as now when am grown up I can realise what mesmerising I've enjoyed! But along with that now I'm missing the little joyous things around us at this life full of hustle....
This is really a simple great short read....thanks for sharing :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

5 Years Ago

Thank you so very much. So happy it read like bliss to you.
¿

5 Years Ago

It does sir! You're welcome :)
"Nature/'s Lesson"
The Rock and Roll cowboy (REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
Life is in the little things- day to day -minute details. They seem big though, at times. A list of things which attract the eye; such as:
"A tree swaying, leaves floating, a breeze,, Children walking from school not knowing what they don't know yet... Cars and people living, going about their business."
Yes, we all bear the feeling of life bearing against our souls and are we aware of this reality. We are all like this. Life is lived from the inner soul. The mind deals with business and duties of life but it is the heart which gives us a spark-a motivation. Cool Poem!
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much Kathy.
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Your welcome.
Observing the simple realistic beauty of life.. it's always there if you look for it as you have so nicely managed to capture here.. the unexpected clouds coming in.. and reminder that surprises can be nice.. a light found in the darkness! By making life interesting and refreshing.. in all weather.. you rise above all.. very nicely written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow nice imagrey there... i liked this poem cause you can relate to it... its almost a stop and smell the roses kind of poem.... good message and nice work!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing