Latex Society

Latex Society

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

I think it speaks for itself.

"

More and more it seems I am suffocating

from societies substance not letting me speak,

so I gasp for air in attempts to get the words out

but unfortunately they aren’t politically correct.

 

Now I know we celebrate Independence Day

so I scratch my head while recalling why

when all the colorful words I try to express

are scratched out in place of charcoal gray.

 

If words I think don’t please everybody

then I should treat my thoughts like nothing,

well I guess my mind should remain empty

since the world is made up of different kinds.

 

As the heat from the so called powers that be

grows hotter and hotter over the American way

it seems to get more impossible to breathe

under the cover of this latex society.

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can hear Archie Bunker yelling, "Edithe, stifle yourself!" It's been happening for awhile and progressing. People now want the benefits of friends and lovers with no emotional connections. We will pick a president based on their color or gender but not what they will do for our nation.
"As the heat from the so called powers that be
grows hotter and hotter over the American way
it seems to get more impossible to breathe
under the cover of this latex society."
Everything has become so plastic. If you don't fit the mold you are tossed aside like last week's garbage.
You bring up some great points here and I enjoyed your excellent piece of writing here!



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We have freedom of speech in this country last I knew so keep on speaking your mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Yeah like I would ever stop, thank you.
Poetic Beauty

10 Years Ago

I won't stop either.
Interesting, and so well said.
A condom, is not only for that mister down under, also for the dumb heads, as politics, and empty-mind-ers as I call them, bank robbers, hiders, and liars.
Amazingly said my friend. Your point is clear.

Your words please me always, As I am a weird little birdie, and lost my nest, but, I always shall find the way :D and that "GRAY" has a huge meaning for those as you would will understand, this write goes much deeper than a some even can listen to their inner core.

Amazingly done Dale, your horse should have a true master. One who loves sugar, instead of Latex ;)

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a perfect way to express what I feel daily. Society's upbringing and the matter that they are forbidding us to speak, afraid of the results. I can relate to this. Personal views are good to point out! Excellent piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This does speak for itself. There is so much personal feelings and emotion that it really touches my soul as I read it. Loved it! I like the style you write in as well. Great work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice write. Agree with you completely. Clever but well fitting way to describe the situation... suffocating under a latex society. A substance that takes the breath to speak and live, can see through it, but only shows distortions. Enjoyed this much.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well written.. and such needed awakening to the hearts of the many in society that may well feel the same way.. the term latex society is such a truthful metaphor.. as if anyone dares speak too loudly or advocates .. heaven forbid! To venture and speak against those with power above or around us.. can be such a damning thing.. when it shouldn't be. Scares me to think of what this social behaviour will do to labour laws.. freedom of speech.. the rights of each and every individual protected by laws that govern both US and Canada as we are close neighbouring business friends. It's like every individual and entity is going for the route of self-protectionism.. which will lead to socialism and communism type behaviours.. very scary! I applaud you for taking on such a subject with some undertones of humour too! Makes one wonder where we will be sitting in 10 years from now should nothing be done about this! Thank you so much for sharing! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how your work doesn't just hit one issue, but multiple, all in a relatable way.

We are very much suffocating, slamed down by an "iron fist". Society's become sterile, lacking in diverse thought. I feel like more and more, people are giving into the expectations and the strategic impulses. It's sad, depressing, but very, very, true.

I like your insightfulness in this piece, very nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ooohh llalala,, a deep one from the Cowboy!!! rap your rope around this world and make it better!!! I really enjoyed this alot,,,, Now... I think of it as either we keep the latex over our heads? or we poke a hole through it and breethe.....

I choose the hole!! lol

great again......

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just had to read this becuz of the picture! What a scream.
Great sentiments......yes, sometimes I fear for our freedom of speech. I feel that there is a lot of confusion in this area, especially in the universities where you can't graduate or teach if you believe a certain way or hold certain opinions.
Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful metaphor; latex society. your avatar is sooooo funny. lolit is true though; our society does shy away from anyone speaking their mind. i know i am very outspoken person, and sometimes i feel people around me would rather me be quiet, go with that they do, and that's good enough. not good enough!!! i like this poem. good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1088 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..