Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Distant wailing cries in the night

Break the silence of what you believe.

            Screaming…

                        Fading…

                                    Echoing…

 

Master or commander is your fate

As it barks orders you never thought possible.

            Attack…

                        Retreat…

                                    Fight on…           

 

Destiny has now become a ghost

Trapped among the ruins of infinity.

            Help me…

                        Break me…

                                    Trust me…

 

Fantasies of riding the wings of immortality

Have been clipped by an angel’s jealousy.

            Dare me…

                        Kill me…

                       

Enlightened souls with dark hearts

Align this path not paved with gold.

            Follow it…

                        Escape it…

           

The razor sharp blade taunts cold flesh

When you’re standing on the edge of your life.

 

                        TOTAL REALESE…

 

                        FREEDOM RINGS!!

 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It has a certain complexity to it. Many themes..internal struggle, fight or flight, freeedom/inprisonment, dark/light, infinity/mortality! Stand on the razor's edge. "Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/And lightness has a call that's hard to hear." Good stuff, Cowboy!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this was profound.. a struggle of finding the right path before a journey ends.. begging to be stopped.. yet having to move forward to that which is life. Bound by the greeds and fantasies of being human.. yearning the path of gold but knowing the razor's edge lies on the other side. Passion enlightening that yearning for more.. the dark heart so wishes to follow.. begging again to be realigned on a path not lined with gold.. as money doe not breed freedom.. but buys the chains that constrict in fear of losing such material things... that is what I took from this.. it may not all be what you intended.. but what I felt from it!

This was a fierce display of a struggle ... THE struggle of every individual I believe.. as all those things make us human.. the wants.. the desires.. etc. I loved the format and flow.. ending with such superb words.. Thank you so much for sharing.. this a very well-penned writing! Bravo!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale, this is a most awesome write. Where has this little gem been hiding?
I need only to echo my fellow reviewers sentiments.. Without a doubt your finest write(to me).
This is top shelf poetry.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic write about being pushed to the edge of life.
Like the lay out as well. It enhances the over all poem
and the desperation in it.

Really like this one a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahh sweet freedom...but are we ever truely free? We must live with ourselves it seems. If we seek to escape that which is the core of us we are only destined to eternal failure. You have taken your readers on a trip into that which lies beyond...what a wonderful and glorious look at another side of you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this! Cant believe i didnt find and read it before now. You put perfectly into words what i think all the time lately!
Great job Dale!
you are a poetic genius!
smiles my friend!
kelli


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Funny to what extremes life can bring us to. So often we forget that we're ulitmately in control. Loved what you wrote and how it was printed, as it gives off a feel of falling away from what's trying to entrap us.
So much dark and damaging pulling at us. Excellent write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cowboy every once in awhile i come across a piece of yours that stuns me. All your pieces are great, but this one, well this one had me almost falling to the floor. You sent forth so much of your soul forth in this that it touched the reader straight out. This, was fantastic.. I am in awe!


Mags xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The artful display of the words on this page lure the
reader even further into the depths of your soul.
What an incredible way to open the doors of a bleeding heart...
This is a soul searching to be captured, before the journey ends.

Enlightened souls with dark hearts
Align this path not paved with gold.

Follow it�

Escape it�



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think
that when we are standing on the edge of our life
anything could happen.

Win or lose
we risk it all.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enlightened souls with dark hearts
Align this path not paved with gold

Your poetry is becoming so much deeper, your words are reflecting the thoughts of a thinking man. It is nice to see you passion is elevating from the physical to the mental state of awareness.

This is nicely written, I love the above two lines path not pave with gold as most of our paths are not.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2394 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..