Celestial Connection

Celestial Connection

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

 

The deep navy sky takes the form

of infinite possibilities as I watch

the twinkle of the heavenly bodies

staring deep within my soul.

 

This inner connection with them

was written long before birth

for just like their celestial journey

my humanity is from here to eternity.

 

So as I wish upon a star that might have

burned up hundreds of years ago

my love and faith will shine long after

I am called beyond this atmosphere.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

May our spirits live forever more.... and they will because we are all of one spirit.

This is beautiful and powerful! We are connected to all that exists, now and forever, yet we feel separated most of the time. Though, only because we choose it that way.

Great work! Definitely a favorite cowboy :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
knowing that we belong to sometime infinitely larger that us is a breaktaking thought..lovely idea

Posted 13 Years Ago


So beautiful and deep Dale....I wish I had an ounce of your perspective on the universe....lovely write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, this makes me want to go and look up at the sky and just stare. This was a very deep poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem makes me realise how tiny our existence is compared to the universe, which is timeless and unmeaserable. Yes, we look at stars long gone, we even wish upon them ...
I do not deny the possibility that our existence is a reflection of another of mother Nature's creation, long gone before we were born, maybe that we even are a reincarnation of a star and that we are in fact looking at one of our forefathers when we are looking at the stars?
Who knows for sure? Yes, I am sure everything is connected in this universe.
Your poem provides a lot of food for thought and reflection.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I rather enjoyed the mysicism in this piece...this feeling of something so vast as the universe surrounding, staring into one's eyes. Its a really unique perspective, as so often it is written in reverse! I like the "un-ending" feel this one creates. An empowering write.
~Lorraiyne

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliantly done. Think you have captured the feel of an ethereal experience perfectly. Could I suggest that you might take the 'the's out of the first stanza? maybe then replace 'twinkle' with 'twinkling'? This could easily be published. Curious picture!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful job, Dale. I'm a big fan of astronomy and the stars, part of the reason why i love to go camping. Excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem. Lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahhh, yes , those mysterious stars!
I like this one, "my love and faith will shine long after I am called beyond this atmosphere." it is true..everything we do, every choice we make, each time we love, each time we hate, when we heal or hurt...it remains long after we burn out, in the lives of those we leave behind: we can either leave a legacy of love and understanding or bitterness and hatred. Too few people realize how they affect others and the future. Too few care. "The deep navy sky takes the form of infinite possibilities as I watch the twinkle of the heavenly bodies staring deep within my soul." yes , we are watched by the past...they are probably hoping we will learn from their mistakes...and we are watched by the future...they are hoping to both teach us and learn from us...CAN we be taught? Or is it too late? You open up such a vast array of thoughts and questions with what , at first, seems to be a short and simple poem...





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
ure getting one with the kosmos....am curious what made u transition?!......very nice x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

591 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 7, 2008
Last Updated on January 19, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing