Emotional Storm

Emotional Storm

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

It started so simple

a nice off-shore breeze

instilling an internal serenity

within my wide-open soul.

 

Who knew it could have turned

into something so destructive

to do more damage than good.

 

The winds became so strong

blowing my emotions around

like a rag doll in an old junk yard

leaving them tattered and torn.

 

The thunder cracked so hard

it shook the very foundation of my heart

opening cracks once sealed tight

and making them bigger than ever.

 

Then came the lightning

striking a hole in my soul so deep

it made the Grand Canyon

Look like a simple pothole.

 

It’s so hard to believe

that such a beautiful tropical breeze

could turn into a hurricane

that blew away part of me

I can never get back.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A loving soul such as yours never deserves to know the heart ache you have had to endure, that I have been witness in the time I have known you. You are as pure goodness as I have seen. You truly care about people and you are never afraid to let people to know you care. You are a hero to me in so many ways. Never lose that love you have my friend.


Great Job!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A brilliant philosophical metaphor!
Wonderfully described and expressed.
One can easily imagine the story
behind your words and relate to it.
I'm impressed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do we ever get it back? And if we do; it's torn like a returned towel to Wal Mart.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's so hard to love and lose....but I can say that I'd rather have experienced the hurricane than to have sunny skies all year long...becuase then...I'd never learn to appreciate them. Well written my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A loving soul such as yours never deserves to know the heart ache you have had to endure, that I have been witness in the time I have known you. You are as pure goodness as I have seen. You truly care about people and you are never afraid to let people to know you care. You are a hero to me in so many ways. Never lose that love you have my friend.


Great Job!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh Dale.... I adored this

"The winds became so strong

blowing my emotions around

like a rag doll in an old junk yard

leaving them tattered and torn. " ---------------- this was conditioned emotional response.... my gosh such a great feeling to read this...

the last stanza was so sad and even hunting, it made me so sad, and left me thinking: I never shall give myself totally away. We need to check and see what we get...
my friend... this is mastery of painting a nightmare to me....when something never comes back. what can be worse.. litterary juggler performing-artist ur, great, my dale-friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I liked the first verse especially...very true that sometimes that starts out as something lovely and light turns dangerously ugly and dark.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i love that ending.

"The thunder cracked so hard

it shook the very foundation of my heart

opening cracks once sealed tight

and making them bigger than ever."

i agree with everything seriana says, as well. you are such a gentle soul, and it also seems as though with that delicacy you get hurt often, and that is too bad. at the same time, what are the other options? for us to harden ourselves from pain? but then we only end up shutting ourselves off from all the beauty, as well.

great piece
hugs


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Dale, this is probably one of the best pieces I've seen you write. It is so full of genuine hurt and raw emotion that it is nearly undeniable by anyone who reads this, unless they have no heart. I love how you expressed the buildup and downfall of this relationship in terms of a storm. So beautifully painful. You are truly a gentle spirit, and your emotion is so honest. This is a lovely write. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of a calm before the storm... watching the clouds roll over the countryside as the storm comes closer and closer, then BAM, the first strike.

Funny, no matter how much you may prepare for the clap of thunder, it still is frightening. Therefore, not knowing the clouds have arrived makes the pain of the clap all the more shattering.

Well done, my friend - I love the message.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Whew! This literally "blew me away"! Such power, pain and truth resonates within this poem. I got "swept away" within the imagery and sadness.

But, as with all hurricanes, they pass, swiftly . . . leaving tropical breezes, once again, in their wake.

This is so very well written and expressed.

Florida hugs in the breeze,

S

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 30, 2008
Last Updated on July 1, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..