You Can't Beat The Clock

You Can't Beat The Clock

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspired from something said in a movie today.

"

  

 

  

Destined dreams become pale

in the deepest crater

so come away from the dark side

of the moon

to see the glorious reflections

of your bright mind.

 

In your head

seeing may be believing

but believing what you don’t see

Shouldn’t become fiction.

 

Remember you’re never too old

to dream

and never too young to die.

 

Though you can’t beat the clock

you sure can challenge life.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

darkside - dark side

n the moon -- "n" the moon?

Shouldn't -- shouldn't

Okay, my little nitpicking aside, I want to know, what movie was it that inspired you so?

You can't beat the clock but you can make every tick and every tock count as much as possible.

An interesting write for you Cowboy. You seem to be expanding your writing horizons lately and I am liking it! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

'Remember you’re never too old
to dream
and never too young to die.'

I love this line! Great poem, and great wisdom too! Keep finding that inspiration from random places. It will come in handy!


Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much... appreciate that.
I love the line " believing what you don’t see Shouldn’t become fiction." To me, it gives this poem a sturdy foundation. It's amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


And you can believe in magic. I know I'm quite happily called a witch but that is because I truly believe that it is there in nature's making. Lovely poem cowboy - must have been a great film! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You do what a movie has a hard time doing... slipping deep inside the mind.. Hope and helplessness mingle here to push us toward our inevitable end.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the wisdom in these words. Better to be alive then waiting for someone to direct you. A very good ending to a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amen, to each line!

Now I'm singing "Dark Side of the Moon" thanks! lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really nice. Its like your saying just because you don't believe it doesn't make it true and keep an open mind and don't be afraid to live, no matter where you are in life. You have a really nice poem there.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hope I can make every tick of my clock count! Lovely poem Dale and its good the way you wrote it..... reminds me of a story you once wrote. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved this. We can get inspired easily, being a writer. Even if its the smallest of things. I hope your recovering.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG, it is all profound, but I especially relate to the first verse!
Yes, we are never too old to dream, and never too young to die!
I can specifically relate to both lines! And thanks for the timely reminder that one may always challenge life...(like this new site....smiles)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3148 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on January 14, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing