Dancing In The Rain

Dancing In The Rain

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

a challenge from Sandy Beaches

"

  

Little droplets cascade softly to the ground

Like musical notes from heaven’s violin,

I take your hand guiding you to

This lovely serenade falling all around us.

 

Let the world think we are crazy

For letting nature soak drench our skin,

They are the fools missing out on feeling

The purest emotions mother earth gives us.

 

Under the silver lining in the sky

We dance across cloud nine in style

Striding across a rainbow without the sun

Lifting us above what darkens passion.

 

Dancing till the last raindrop

Cleanses the scars around our hearts

Washing away the dirt of past hurt,

Nurturing the seed of tomorrow’s spring.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful! I could feel myself dancing in the raindrops as I read it.

"Little droplets cascade softly to the ground

Like musical notes from heaven's violin,

I take your hand guiding you to

This lovely serenade falling all around us."

This is exquisite! I swear you're really coming into your own in poetry!

KUDO'S!!!




Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very beautiful rain poem. I can just feel the rain washing away all life's hurts and pains. Rain is the stuff of live, life can't exist without it, and it is cleansing as well. Love this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing! I love it, I could picture it in my head! Great job! It was very refreshing from a lot of the sad, and dark poems on here! It was wistful, and beautiful!! Great write!

Would you mind reviewing my work?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhh Dale. Love this so very much and believe every word of it. I go walking with an old neighbour and sometimes my friends will say "oh you won't be going out walking today...look at the rain"...and I say "Exactly...just look at the rain....of course I'm going". After my 5 mile walk in the rain....the feeling is exhilerating, refreshing and it brings with it a calmness. Thanks for this...straight to favs.
Babsie xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh how romantic...
who doesn't dream of this enchanting moment you have written for us?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah.. there is nothing quite like the feel of rain on one's skin.. letting you know you are sooo alive. This paints such a nice image of a soul ..with nothing else at that moment mattering.. cleansing all the impurites and letting go of standards I felt.. as a metaphor.. let the world think we are crazy.. who cares? If you can't live life as yourself.. and be free to feel nature at her best and worst then what have you got at the end of each day! Loved the flow of emotions and hidden meanings this has embedded.. and if only everyone could feel that sense of freedom for just 10 minutes each week.. such therapy can be found in this! Soft or hard, warm or cold.. rain is much like life itself.. it renews itself and everything it touches.. there is alot more here if you really read and feel the meaning.. that is what it brought to me! Letting daily pressures go.. to allow nature to take it's course is sometimes hard for many to do.. yet that very rain is needed to replenish the earth and all living things.. not something to fight but embrace... whether falling from the skies or running down your cheeks. Thank you for sharing! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


OOHHH! that is lovely! I love it....perfect poem, for the perfect rainy day i'm having!:)
rain always makes me *smile*!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully written...perfect imagery...couldn't have gotten any better...
great work my friend! you always leave me speechless...

Enchanting write!

regards
Barricade...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely a wonderful soft romantic piece. I love the rain. It is so magical... Amazing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the rain!!!
So of course-as usual I loved this!
I love walking in the rain...
I think that the soothing sound of the rain
touches all the senses.
My favorite verse of this piece is...
Little droplets cascade softly to the ground

Like musical notes from heaven's violin,

I take your hand guiding you to

This lovely serenade falling all around us.

I love how your heart continues to bleed through your pen.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


This is genuinely a great piece of writing.
I loved the way your words are flowing as if you wrote this poem not from your hands but from your heart...
The visualization is just perfect and you know! a lot of people these days often over do it, but you have maintained it so well which jeweled your words.
I loved the starting lines a lot -
Little droplets cascade softly to the ground
Like musical notes from heaven's violin, - They set just the perfect mood with the beautiful imagery and the reference of "Heaven's violin" forced me to flow with its marvelous imagery!

"The purest emotions mother earth gives us." This is a very deep and thoughtful line and we all can relate ourselves somehow with it...

The poem ended beautifully with a hope to start and to relive your dreams again describing the viscous cycle of this life.

Dancing till the last raindrop
Cleanses the scars around our hearts
Washing away the dirt of past hurt,
Nurturing the seed of tomorrow's spring. - "Rain" definitely acted as a metaphor is these lines, serving as a relief of pain and suffering, qualifying all the scars of life and embedding the seeds of new life and hope....


Indeed a great piece of writing it is.... Beautifully penned!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1755 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 26, 2009
Last Updated on January 26, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing