Curtain Call

Curtain Call

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Everyday it is the same

I can’t shake it, can’t fight it

              Can’t deny it…

If I broke it nothing would change,

Except more pieces to the puzzle

That doesn’t seem fit yet still feels right.

 

Why does it all have to be?

How come it controls me?

When fate’s reigns

Are in my hands.

 

I am looking for reason and rhyme

Asking myself why…

       Why does it have to be

So damn complicated?

But the beat is off

Making the lyrics rough.

 

So my heart sings this song

A million times over

Only to fall upon deaf ears

Cause the crowds are gone

And the echo vibrates my soul.

 

So I take my bow

       And let the curtain fall

Exiting stage left and out the door

Into the pouring rain.

 

It is then I know it is my entire fault

For I wanted the crowds

When all I needed was

An audience of one. 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the way i interperate this writing is that your trying to express what you really feel but there is no one there, and you would be happy if just one took in your song of expression, because it only starts with one.
Nothing controls you, you have free will. Anyway enough of my babbbling another great write from you.

Lara sending you Love and Happiness

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beautiful. how i can relate to this one. montony, loneliness, sadness, why does life how to be so damn complicated?? i love the metaphor here. an amazing write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow excellent! i enjoyed this...x0x0x00x

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So much pain and lonliness in here. The analogy of the "star" who is left with nothing, no audience, no applause is so appropriate for this society that is so ravenous for celebrity. Everyone is seeking that 15 minutes of fame - but as every "star" knows, you're only as good as your last picture. Our true value and our greatest joy comes in those quiet times and resides in the ones whose love we share and in the eternity of heaven...

All we need is that audience of one......loved the ending. Very nicely penned.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I just loved it and it was such a touching write thank you for sending to me I enjoyed reading this piece immensely!!!! Most of us want to be seen and noticed but sometimes when you get what you want you find out it's not truly what you needed after all. Great write very inspiring!!!

Voice


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem reminds me of life, all that we deal with and all that we must
do to survive. Yet, at the end it seems more intimate, more personal...
like not needing the attention of all, but just one that really matters.

Good job...AD

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. This is so deep and meaningful, it's honest and there. The last stanza has to be my favorite:

"It is then I know it is my entire fault
For I wanted the crowds
When all I needed was
An audience of one. "

It's a touching message, sometimes all we need is one person to recognize us instead of a swarm of people, even if we think we want the swarm. Great piece :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching. Very touching indeed.

Your metaphors are great, and they also reflect vastly- you. Beautiful. Life and the beat, lric and thought...

It ends perfectly and sends a powerful message. A swarm of people can hear you but not understand what you're saying, they just can't relate, they're too indifferent/apathetic etc. But just one person understanding and listening is all you need.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this one, preferred it over the last one i reviewed. this poem is tight. full of emotion and power, and dale sensitivity and introspcetion. my fav part:

It is then I know it is my entire fault

For I wanted the crowds

When all I needed was

An audience of one.


yes, all we need is us!!!! we are the only ones that matter (opinion wise) 10/10 going in my favorites!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
What's wanted the most, is what we so often lack the most. Excellent write, Dale!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think to fully appreciate the poem one has to have some experience with performing in front of a live audience. Its addictive power leaves one only wanting more but like all addictions there comes a point where it is taking more than it is giving. Only then do we realize the full price we have paid and what we have sacrificed.

This is a great poem because it took me back to a time when more seemed better and the love of one never seemed like enough. Foolish girl � foolish boy �


Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1059 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 23, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing