The Holiest Of Nights

The Holiest Of Nights

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Hope, faith and love to all

"

  

A chilly breeze

Has that magical touch

As it brings the silver bells

To life allowing them to hum

Of peace and love,

On this, the holiest of nights.

To the villagers it sounds

Of an angel’s hymn

As they gather around the tree

In the town square

Joining hands without a second thought.

Every heart circling that decorated evergreen

And within earshot of those silver bells

Felt the warmth in their hearts

Of every man, woman and child.

Silently in unison they all prayed

They could feel this way everyday,

And not just this, the holiest of nights.

As the night faded and everyone

Nestled in their beds they all knew

Deep within their souls

That chilly breeze was God’s gift to them

On this, the holiest of nights.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

On the holiest of nights there is such a special feeling that touches the hearts of those who believe! You have spoken of these moments with such simplistic elegance and love! Your words are like snowflakes dropping from Heaven to remind us of the most important gift of all time! Your reference to a chilly breeze that touches us is just wonderful!
Lovely, just lovely!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

3 Months Ago

why thank you so much. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas



Reviews

Such a warm and joyous write :) I wish more little towns were that festive...I would go pray and sing around the town hall christmas tree! Merry Christmas Dale :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwe this was special, very beautiful
soft write!! wonderful work, made me
feel all fuzzy inside!! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


very beautiful work..i can feel the peace and hear the low tone of angels.
As it brings the silver bells

To life allowing them to hum

Very Fine.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great peace and serenity flowed so effortlessly from your pen on this one..the chilliest breeze being turned into God's gift to us.. so true and never is the air more fresh and pure in that gift. I loved the full message portrayed her.. painted so vividly of villagers in a small town square.. you could imagine the sound of the whispering wind.. graced by an Angel's hymn. Truly a writing for all ages.. this was very touching! Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Cowboy this was one heartfelt and most warming piece to come forth.. it touched all the right cords in my heart.. Loved it from start till end..


Mags xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very calming and hopeful write. I enjoyed this much. Great job with this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have painted a lovely picture for the holiday season. Your poetic soul always amazes me with the depth of humanity you write about. Thanks for sharing:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Dale you have a golden heart, a soul made of platinum, and the compassion of pearls. You are a precious gem to this community, not to mention this world. Your caring and love of people, and the Holidays as they come and go cannot be denied by anyone being honest. This is a Wonderful Tribute the Christmas Carolers, and to those Beautiful Silver Bells. God Bless you my friend. May your sewing reap you an over abundance of rewards.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful You can feel the holiday warmth radiating from this piece. Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


:) I LOVE this! It was so warming and full of love.. My favorite part was "Joining hands without a second thought" because it was such a strong statement. I wish everyone around the world could do that- maybe then everyone could feel love. This was great, such a good feeling it gave me!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2907 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 11, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry