Merry-Go-Round

Merry-Go-Round

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Just a haiku

"

Laughter echoes from

The spinning merry-go-round,

Innocence exists. 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it...the innocence and pure joy of the laughter of children...always a melodic sound!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ang
This brings back so many childhood memories! Merry-go-rounds are so much fun :) Love this piece! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A delightful haiku of innocence and carousel fun

Nicely DonE!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simply wonderful. Childish wonder.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh yes this is a great haiku- I could picture children gleefully waiting for their turn to get on the merry-go-round at a park. So innocent to the dangers of the ride, or who else is on them. I used to always pick the blue horses!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
It's only when the laughter stops within, that the innocence is put to rest... You've taken so few of words and expressed so much meaning. Astonishing piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is simply amazing that you can take the brief form of Haiku and fill it with such a profound vision that stretches across time and space.. I can feel the joy of innocence that I once knew... too many years ago...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this you gave us a glimpse of innocence in this one. I had a job running a carousel one time. It was my all time favorite job. It was very much this way. No one ever walked off the ride without a smile.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Creates a wonderful image of children enjoying themselves, how much fun that is always to watch!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a beautiful 575 it is! A perfect capture of the true innocence and the laughter from the eyes of a child.
This also brought a sense of nostalgia to me. It happened one time when I was 11 and I went with my family to some park. There was a merry go round there so I went there. From the merry go round I could see my parents fighting, I could see my mother crying. That was the last time when I saw my father. That dream still haunts me , every single night.
This haiku, just brought all those memories to me again, I'm sorry!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

760 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing