A Season Of New Beginnings

A Season Of New Beginnings

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspire by someone talking bout how Autumn turning so quickly. I love this season. The picture was taken by me.

"

 

In the blink of an eye

Green turns to gold

Showering the Earth

With riches

Money can’t buy.

The landscape

Becomes a portrait

Even Ansel Adams

Couldn’t design.

Sun soaked skin

Finds natural relief

From natures cool breath

Like a burning soul

Finding its mate

Written in the stars.

It’s this change of season

That says starting over

Is okay after falling.

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The picture is striking, and your words certainly do capture the lovely aspects of fall. Your descriptions make me want to head for a mug of apple cider and piece of pumkin pie!
And, oh how fitting are the last lines in which you remind us that there is hope after defeat!
A wonderful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Cowboy, it is a perfect fall poem. It almost could be separated into 4-line stanzas for fuller effect, but it was gloriously written. Thank you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you so kindly for the sweet review and suggestion.
I sat in my lawn chair today feeling the warm sun, knowing the leaves will soon be changing colors and falling. Autumn for me is a time of renewal. Its a chance to start over and improve over the year before. Mostly, its a time to enjoy the brisk air and seasonal paintings autumn brings.

This is one I never saw from you and its just as good and exciting as when you first wrote it.

Good poem Dale

Relic.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Relic

8 Years Ago

Correction: I meant to say its just as relevant as when you first wrote it. :)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
Dale...This is beautiful...I love the Autumnal feeling also. It is a busy time here as folks start to prepare for the long winter. I smiled as I read this, because I sit in my garden with a cup of tea every morning after breakfast, and have just these thoughts as I stare at my big old tree, which tells me lots of stories. However I am in dire need of my brekky now...so I must get up and crack on.
Thanks for share
Babs xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful! And we so miss that call, don't we? There is life and rebirth even in the darkest side of nature....helps me to remember that through the winter lol
I adore Autumn but dread the darker nights and other aspects of it...claustrophobic to me....
This is glorious love!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now this tell a story to me, if I fall it's o:k! starting over could be better!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this read! All of us have to start over some time or another!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome metaphors in these words you penned my friend...LonelySoul

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the fall. I remember a trip I took to the mountains in North Carolina and the colors were simply breathtaking. The reds reminded me of fire and the golds were like beautiful stunning jewels. Simply a glorious scene. This was a very beautiful and stunning piece. It is nice to see the earth change.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this. It's subtle, and beautiful. The ending great- it reminds me that it's okay to change, and turn over a new leaf. :) Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


This creates a beautiful scene of autumn, a delight for all the senses. Winter is just around the corner and it is really a good time to start over!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1142 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing