Room Without A View

Room Without A View

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

A white satin sheet

Drapes perfectly over

The empty bed.

 

Red curtains closed tight

Accent the undisturbed

Room’s mood.

 

A single candle flickers,

Clinging to the polished dresser

With molten wax.

 

The slightest breeze

Drifts under the locked door

To keep the silence company.

 

She sits alone in the dark closet

So she can understand

What it all means.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is like the room had some action and now she is thinking it all over, was it something bad, as the set up was romantic in nature. Interesting write, that leaves us to our imagination of what occurred and what will happen next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.M
Wow - you really draw the reader in - telling so little and so much - creating so many questions in so few stanzas.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sets up a mysterious, yet well described setting, where we're left in contemplation as to what she's trying to understand in that dark closet... waiting for her partner to come home with a "friend" so she can peek through the door crack, just trying to find a safe place to get away from it all, or engaging in an adults game of hide and seek.(not likely)
Either way, nice descriptive imagery make this piece shine.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sad yet erotic, but it is still a wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I see a sad tragic figure overwhelmed by life for some reason, hiding away in unreasonable terror in everyone's eyes but her own. Until she can figure something out that works for her, she'll be hiding away in her fears for a long time, perhaps unable to live her life even.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Contemplation, isolation, sensation .. a place in which to find out why.

Like it or not, this woman knows the right way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A breathtaking poem. Very beautifully written. It has a nice flow and a vivid imagery. Interesting and very descriptive. It's a brilliant piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
you left the suspense hanging like a kimono on a silk hanger!...the end just made this stand out..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahh with that last stanza the poetic bursts wide open like a poppy gourd~imagination in full rotation~ perfect set up scenery for the subtle explosion of the final~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now this was something. I so love how you left all for the readers imagination to ponder on. Great write and one I shall be going back to again and again.

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1552 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT