Midnight Matinee

Midnight Matinee

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Uh oh I'm in a cryptic mood again.

"

 

Tonight the blanket of darkness

is protecting the innocent

while the new moon searches

for its identity.

 

Streetlamps highlight things

that should never be seen

until the fog rolls in

to play the hero.

 

Shadows start showing emotions

in the form of fear

when the humans stare blankly

at headlights bearing down.

 

The projector still runs

when the sun comes up

to blind the world to the truth

for a few blissfully ignorant hours.

 

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are terrible things that lurk in the dark. We don't always want to see them. We could our own minds to what is really there. The streetlight stanza makes me think of the homeless who sleep on the streets at night and how some people turn a blind eye or pretend not to seem them. This is a thought provoking write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very Cool...made me feel like I was quietly cruising around before dawn...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Well now that brings back memories... thank you.
Renée

11 Years Ago

my pleasure .....Hope it was good memories..
So much is seen in the darkness - 'tis another world when the sun is hiding.
You bring the night alive in a very positive way. I especially like the image of the projector still running when the sun appears - nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
Hauntingly beautiful! Love the ending! The imagery of the darkness is very nicely portrayed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

two thumbs up on this one!!


Posted 12 Years Ago


Reminds me of the old drive-in movies and the fun we had, that's the postive side of your poem.
Then... it tells a story of what goes on after the daylight ends and darkness is able to hide some of the things that happen in the night; what people do when they believe they aren't seen as easily in the day.
Did you write this while you were driving at night and thoughts came to your mind, while watching the road and the glow of the headlights...huh? ;-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Mysterious. I got caught up in this poem down every dark street, alley and around every twist and turn. This poem had me in its grip from start to finish.
Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I miss those old drive-in. I remember whole family would load up in the car and enjoy the many movies that were offered. The description took me to a good place. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh how your words can make one feel. They bring us to places within your mind that often we never travel. I do so love the night, the things that are deep within it. Your words brought forth such thoughts as each one absorbed into my brain. Once again Cowboy you have managed to bring me along within your powerful and wonderful mind. And may I say what a fantastic ride that was!!

Mags xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is so much power and magic in the night..and the shadows.. I find as much solace there as in the light of day.. my weird balancing :) xx I love this..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


the blanket of darkness protects the innocent - wow - that gave me the chills...how true is that! the power driven keep the people uneducated, poor and fed with bad quality food and drowning in religion just to keep them "innocent"

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..