The Fan

The Fan

A Story by Sahil Singh

There he was: my mortal enemy Kai. He hung there looking at me with his three blades. I was going to bring him down today. I would break him down to pieces just as he had done to me. Hi guys, I am Bob and I am a fan on a stand. Kai on the other hand is the ruler of the skies meaning he is a ceiling fan. We will be foes for an eternity. I would kill him but that would only be possible if I could move. But since it is not, I only think about killing him as actually killing him is impossible and I can’t do the impossible as it is not possible.

We used to be best friends. We were inseparable even though we were 20 metres apart from each other. We always talked to each other except for when we were turned off as we run on electricity. But it was the summer home appliance Olympics that changed everything. During our race he cheated and blew me off balance with a powerful gust of wind. He broke one of my blades and my stand. As a result, I was decommissioned to the store room. That was my home for the next week. But over there I learnt a lot of valuable things like how rats eat your stand. How easy it is for a fan to get dirty. It is actually really easy. To all the fans who think you guys get dirty easily, take a trip to the store room. Your definition of dirty will change. But after a week I was sent to a repair shop where I was going to be repaired. That is why you call it a repair shop. After being repaired, I was taken to the room where the Olympics were held and that is where I saw Kai.

I had sworn to take him down but as I told you before I can’t move. Then I thought about sabotaging him but I again realized that I could not move. Then I thought about asking the kid to turn him off and turn me on but then I remembered that I can’t move and he would not understand me anyways. Subsequently I ran out of ideas to ruin his day so I thought that I should go talk to the tv. The I realized there was no tv to talk to. So I stopped everything that I was doing which was pretty much nothng and decided to do it tomorrow. Then I thought how I would do it tomorrow, I could not move because I am a fan. Not just any fan but The Fan. The Fan that cannot move. Yeah, that’s me. 

© 2016 Sahil Singh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016

Author

Sahil Singh
Sahil Singh

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Well I love humor and I love making people laugh more..

Writing
the trash the trash

A Story by Sahil Singh


The pug The pug

A Story by Sahil Singh


Revenge Revenge

A Story by Sahil Singh