Typical

Typical

A Story by Chase Wolff
"

What happens when you change the unchangeable?

"
I never should have followed it home, for now her blood rest on my hands.
A typical day, typical people, typical schoolwork, typical weather. Nothing ever changes in the city of Smallville. The Robinsons drive past Mertle Street at 2 PM every day, Jeremy crashes his bike on the church wall at 4 PM, every day. Joey goes to school, does the same assignments, has the same conversations, and takes the same bus ride home, everyday. It is rather quite the peaceful environment, to never have worry. The stream of space and time remains unaltered and in perfect unison.
Until Joey missed the bus. Joey stood, in shock, when he witnessed his bus leave, right on time, at 3 PM, directly in front of his eyes. He stumbled backwards a few steps, and nearly tripped until Emily, a girl from Art Class, grabbed hold of him.
"Joey? Are you okay?" Emily was concerned. She stood joey up and ensured he was balanced. She turned him around to face her directly. "Joey!" She yelled.
"eh-uh... huh?" Joey was confused, and still shocked. He lost his balance as he took a step, and quickly caught it to continue walking forward, completely disregarding Emily.
Emily sighed and walked outside, to await her ride home. She looked inside to see Joey awkwardly fumbling around, and she quietly giggled. 
Joey decided it to be best if he walked home. He walked out the doors that Emily was standing by, and he gave her a nod of acknowledgement, as a way to say sorry and thank you. Emily just stared for a moment, then released a kind smile. Joey smiled back and continued to walk.
A flash of translucent white light darted across Joey/s peripheral vision, and he turned his head to get a better look. It was gone, but a slightly visible particle trail remained. Joey wondered in extreme confusion, about what he just witnessed. He took off after the thing. Emily watched Joey curiously for a moment. She decided to take after him, and began to run.
After not long of running, Joey traced his way to the resting place of the thing he saw. It was a seemingly abandoned factory. He ducked behind a trashcan and watched the thing, which appeared to be some sort of ghostly creature, in the shape of a giant rabbit.
It opened it's mouth, which was a disgusting set of four flaps on every side. They jiggled and squished, with oozing saliva dangling out of it's mouth. It began to regurgitate something. Green cloth hung out of it's mouth as it hacked. Slowly, out slid something terrible. It was the son of the Robinsons, Jacob. 
Feeling endangered, and also likely to vomit, Joey decided it was time to leave whatever that thing was. He turned around and as he was about to pick up speed to run, he came face to face with Emily, and out of shock, she screamed. Joey immediately tossed his hand over her mouth, but it was just a moment too late.
The creature bounced meters into the air, and crashed down upon Emily, instantly crushing her spine. The sound of her scream screeched through the area, she was in terrible agony.
"I... can't... move... my-" she was cut short by the crack and squish of the creature wrapping its mouth flaps around her skull, and crushing it. The creature began sucking the blood from her head as joey laid several blocks back, vomiting. He wondered if this was his fault, for altering the flow of time and space. If only he had gotten on his bus like he was meant to. 
The creature finished sucking Emily dry, her remains shriveled and browned. It advanced towards Joey. During the very moment it's mouth flapped open and Joey believed it was the end, everything froze.... and time shot back to the moment Joey missed the bus. He watched again as the bus pulled out right before his eyes. Except this time, no one caught him.

The End.

© 2016 Chase Wolff


Author's Note

Chase Wolff
What parts peaked your interest and what parts lost your interest?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
Added on December 8, 2016
Last Updated on December 8, 2016
Tags: change, typical, dark, teen, monster, boy, girl, time, death

Author

Chase Wolff
Chase Wolff

Sioux City, IA



About
ΩConlanger, attempting to flourish in a foreign world.Ω more..

Writing
Phonology Phonology

A Chapter by Chase Wolff