It is Him Who to be.

It is Him Who to be.

A Story by Chase Wolff
"

Define free will.

"
Fascinating she be. She holds me by the heart with a tight grasp, but she doesn't feel my heart beat. Ever so distant she seems, although she be right in front of me. I feel as a puppet in the grand play of life, unable to govern my own behaviors. 

Time plays no role, for as years pass, it remains unchanged. The grand-master has his plan, as he pulls our strings. I seem to be forgotten, but what is to be forgot? She once was in my hands but no more she be, for her strings are now entangled with another's.

He continues to watch over, playing with his fabrics. The complications continue to show, as if from nowhere. My strings begin to tangle with the strings of her tangles. We are tied in a knot unable to be untied. However it is not them that I want, it is her, ever so close yet couldn't be further away. 

I realize there is no hope. The show is over, and the curtains are closing, with me on the other side. The grand-master has finished his show, is finished with me. All these years I've been played in this production. Now I expect peace, but it does not seem to arrive. A realization occurs to me, leaving me disturbed and in disarray.

I am the grand-master.

© 2016 Chase Wolff


Author's Note

Chase Wolff
Inspired from my struggles throughout the years.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016
Tags: love, free will, sad

Author

Chase Wolff
Chase Wolff

Sioux City, IA



About
ΩConlanger, attempting to flourish in a foreign world.Ω more..

Writing
Phonology Phonology

A Chapter by Chase Wolff


Verbs Verbs

A Chapter by Chase Wolff