Darkness

Darkness

A Story by Deanna S
"

Just a really short, dark story.

"

All I see is darkness. Darkness surrounding me. Darkness everywhere. The darkness is swallowing me, suffocating me, overwhelming me. I run and I run and I run, panicked, trying to escape the darkness. The darkness that is so painful, yet so wonderful. The world is still going on around me, yet I am all alone, all alone in this cosmic darkness. My head throbs, and my heart is racing. I hear a consistent pounding in my head. A familiar voice creeps out of the darkness.

            “He never loved you.”

            “No!” I cry. My voice is pained and weak.

            “She never loved you.”

            I shriek at the top of my lungs, yet there is no sound. I run faster and faster. I run and run away from it all, or maybe I am running right to it. The darkness seems to close in on me. The pounding in my head gets louder. All of a sudden, I see a blaze of light. I cry out, reaching into the darkness. I drop to my knees, but I never touch the ground. The pain that I feel is excruciating. Images flash in front of me. Some make me smile, and some make me cry. I see a familiar face, calling out to me. And then, all I see is darkness.

© 2013 Deanna S


Author's Note

Deanna S
Keep in mind that it is SUPPOSED to be very short and choppy, so that the reader can feel a bit disoriented with the character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013

Author