The Mounatins

The Mounatins

A Story by Dearantlers

     Beauty can be found in many places, but my favorite is the mountains.  There is something majestic about the towering peaks and rolling hills. The bright and dark contrasts are something that cannot be found anywhere else. It has a beauty that is so different from what you normally see. To the world, beauty is how much makeup a person is wearing, or how their hair is done. To me, beauty is the colors in nature, which is why I love the mountains so much.

     During the summer there are the bright greens of trees and the dark brown of dirt. There’s a bright blue sky, with the iridescent streams meandering below. There are lakes a dark sapphire and ponds a light green. You can find cinnamon colored deer and crimson birds.

     In fall, the trees turn red making the hills look as if they’re on fire. Other colors are muted compared to these fiery reds.

     In the winter, everything is covered in a blanket of white. The sun shines down on the snow, and it sparkles with an indescribable beauty. Occasionally you’ll see a dark contrast to the perfect white as an animal scurries across the snow.  

     Once spring comes you find the cinnamon fur with white spots of a newborn fawn. There are baby coyotes with their tan and black fur running through the newly sprouted grass. Trees are just starting to bud, and the dull brown is livened with the brilliant green.  The bright sun radiates heat, warming up the frozen ground and turning everything from white to its regular colorful self.

     That is why I feel something special about the beauty of the mountains.

© 2013 Dearantlers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I without a doubt agree with you!! You wrote with so much beauty and contempt that I wished for nothing more then to be in the mountains!
'To the world, beauty is how much makeup a person is wearing, or how their hair is done', I think you are so right! Like you, I rather look at nature then the facades.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dearantlers

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review! You just boosted my self esteem. :) Thanks again!



Reviews

This has a very peaceful and serene setting. I loved it, but I felt the last sentence was very abrupt and rushed. Perhaps you could lengthen out the end, or rephrase your words.
lissalovesyou:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dearantlers

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!
I without a doubt agree with you!! You wrote with so much beauty and contempt that I wished for nothing more then to be in the mountains!
'To the world, beauty is how much makeup a person is wearing, or how their hair is done', I think you are so right! Like you, I rather look at nature then the facades.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dearantlers

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review! You just boosted my self esteem. :) Thanks again!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013

Author

Dearantlers
Dearantlers

Where unicorns roam wild, dragons soar overhead, and pickles sing



About
I'm either a girl or a boy. I live somewhere. I like to read and write, though I'm sure you figured that one out since I'm on writerscafe. As of when I'm writing this, I'm 8672487 minutes old. Never m.. more..

Writing