Heart-break

Heart-break

A Story by Van

The smell of iron is heavy in the air, my fingers throb to the slightest movement, and I can feel the pounding deep in my head. Crawling on the floor I can feel the cool tile against my stomach. A tear in my body leaks the liquid life from within me. Coolness consumes all feeling and the once colorful world dims to a mere wash of gray that swallows my vision. She kneels by my limp flesh and I roll to rest my head in her lap. My love, the golden strands of her hair flowing above me, and the long white fingers against my cheek, as tears rain on her eyes down on my forehead. Why is she crying? Who could ever hurt her like so? I open my mouth, struggling little more than a gurgle and she silences me with a finger to my lips. I can taste the salt from her eyes and the tops of my eyes start to drop. I look at her, knowing that there is no longer much time, and take in all that she is. There is a knife in her hand stained dark and dripping from the tip, blood. My blood.
My eyes widen looking at her questioningly. Asking over and over, Why? Why did she do it? The pain that was oblivious to me now reigns over my senses. I let out a scream that gurgles with the blood flowing out of my mouth and down my face. The sight of my body brings only more pain. A single wound in the center of my chest. Dark fluids drain and is soaked in the thin fabric of my shirt. Breathing becomes spasms and only seems to pump more blood out.
The outside of my vision begins to blur and darken. I clasp to the side of her shirt and try to ask her with my eyes on last time. A burning sensation grows within me. First from the wound, but now it buries itself within me. The thought of losing her is almost too much to bear. Memories of the gentle touch of her lips and when we lay in bed with our arms around each other, promising never to leave, and that we are forever theirs. A shadow forms behind her and I can feel that I am no longer breathing, my heart no longer beating, but my blood still spilling. She rests my head on the ground, my eyes still open. My soul screams for her not to go, not to leave me and that I am still there for her, but nothing comes. The shadow's arms cloak her and I can see her shaking from losing me. And yet I do not understand why she did what she did.
Then she looks up to the shadow and their lips meet, her hands caressing it's cheek. And the pain consumes all my being. The sight of them in their embrace is all that remains. My vision fades.
Their arms around each other.
Their lips against each other.
The whiteness of her hair.
My final good-bye.
Fading... fading... fading...
Gone.
As I make my way to my eternal resting place. There is only one image left still instilled in my being. No memories. No emotions. Just the question of what was going on and why did she do it?
I love her.

© 2014 Van


Author's Note

Van
Please tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014

Author

Van
Van

Austin, TX



About
I am 18 and I love to read, and I occasionally write short stories and poems about what is going on in my life. I do like to write some explicit stories, but those will probably not go on here. I like.. more..

Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Story by Van


Death's Story Death's Story

A Story by Van


Scars Scars

A Poem by Van