Broken

Broken

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

 The storms of life

 break us sometimes

 

When Bobby died

We all broke down and cried

There is a lot though that we kept inside

The twins were born

In the early morn

He never got to see his two nephews

Our hearts were broken and yet they were filled with joy

but mom got sick from the meds the doctors prescribed

manic depression did not subside

life took it's toll

now she's on a roller coaster ride

all those feelings that she bottled up inside

are coming out full force

bi polar curse of course

She's so aggressive

It's repulsive

this disease

God help us please!

 

© 2008 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



This is scary-Boy does that poem hit home. My shrink wants me to pay him $179 for missing two visits-the meds he prescribed made me sleep through my appointments. Now, I can't see him to get more meds. I will probably explode in approximately two weeks. BEWARE

Posted 15 Years Ago


Something familiar hit me here. You see I had an Uncle Bobby, he had schizophrenia and died when I was 2. I am also a twin.

Not to take anything away from your anguish, just to say that it breaks my heart they way things like this have the ripple effect across all those in its reach. My Nanny died 3 months after my Uncle Bobby, she died of of broken heart.

My friend, you must stay strong .... you must also take time out for yourself, otherwise you can not help anyone. There are many people that need and love you.

I suffer from slight Biopolar, sometimes I see myself from the outside and can not comprehend my own behaviour... all I can say is do not give up, she hears you, she knows what is going on, she is not insane .... just not incontrol of herself (yet).

Rant to me should you wish.
Much love,
Mx

Posted 15 Years Ago


God Almighty!!! You are up to your eyeballs in it Deb, would it help if I told you that the entire Western world is on pills for some anxiety disorder or other? Probably not, but it is true nonetheless. People with Bi-Polar tend to self medicate, that is the issue here, she is not taking her meds correctly, but you can't force her. From the sound of this you need respite. Can you get the hospital or rehab to take her for a spell? There is no point in thinking you can deal with this on your own or you will go under. Be a little selfish for a change. My prayers are with you and your family, God bless you my friend xxxxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


This piece just rips at the heart. It is exactly why I wrote " the color you call blue." My youngest son has schizophrenia. He stormed out two months ago, and haven't heard from him since. He was the most popular kid in school, phone rang off the hook with friends. He was diagnosed at nineteen, just after my diagnoses of terminal cancer. He doesn't take his meds, either. Truthfully, I don't blame him. He gains enormous weight, and is more like a zombie than my life loving little boy. I've accepted that child is gone. He believes I control the Universe with a Master Board hidden behind the panels of our living room. I know both Bi-Polar, and Schizophrenics who eventually accepted their illness, and led the best life they can. The Bi-Polar just got married, and is buying a house. This is after countless hospital stays. There is some hope. My heart goes out to you. Love, Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


I don't know you well yet, but I do know what it's like to live around someone with a mental illness. My mother was schizophrenic, and my father has (borderline) paranoid anti-social behavior. I grew up with him as well as my grandparents. As a child, he taught me to see things in a different way... to say the least. Yet, somehow I managed to remain sane and "normal" through it all. I just developed a love of inner dialogue that became writing as soon as I was able to. I'm telling you this so you won't worry about your grandchildren. Chances are they will be fine through all of this. It may be hard for them for a time, but they will make it. Maybe losing her children will make your daughter realize how important medication is.
The problems seem to keep adding up, I know. I've felt that way many times. I'm so sad to see you going through all of this at once. All I can offer is the knowledge that change really is the only sure thing. And the way it looks for you right now, it just has to be a change for the better.
Hugs, and prayers,
C

Posted 15 Years Ago


oh honey! I don't know what to say except to simply offer my support and prayers for you and your family. I hope that you still get to see your grandchildren - even though I know it wouldn't be the same. Hopefully, the docs can find the right combo of meds and things will even out for your daughter again. All my best thoughts for you!

*hugs*

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2008
Last Updated on September 8, 2008

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Little Bones Little Bones

A Poem by Bubo


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo