7

7

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

7


Once Spencer arrived back at the quarters Jensen ran up to him and asked “Well, where have you been?”

“I had to ask Rilfor some questions.” Spencer replied “Can you get Arthur and meet me over there.” Spencer pointed to an unoccupied corner across the room.

“Sure,” Said Jensen “Meet you there is a sec.”

Spencer slowly paced over to the corner and soon after Jensen joined him with Arthur right behind him

“Well” said Arthur “What do you need to tell me?”

Spencer began to tell Arthur and Jensen what Rilfor had told him about what lies ahead for the humans.  As Spencer told his story Arthur’s expression changed from surprise, to horror, to worry.  Once Spencer finished everyone was silent so Spencer asked “What should we do? Should we tell them?”

Arthur slowly nodded “Yes, we must tell them, they have a right to know.”

“But they’ll flip when they hear this” Jensen exclaimed in worry.

“Better they hear it from us,” Arthur said “Than find out from the Adicans when we arrive.”

Spencer took a deep breath and sighed “Okay, gather everyone in the center of the room.”

Arthur whistled loudly gathering everyone’s attention.  He called them all to the center where everyone stood in a semi circle.  Arthur and Spencer stood in front of everyone ready to break the news.

“Hello” said Arthur “I’ve gathered you here to break some disturbing news.” He looked at Spencer, took a deep breath and then began speaking again. “We have learned that the Adicans are not going to save us.”  A roar of disapproval rippled through the crowed and Arthur had to whistle again to get them under control.  “They wish to use us, as we are smaller and more agile than them, to fight in their civil war for them.”  Arthur paused for a second for the noise level to die down. “Once we arrive we will meet their Empress and then we will be shipped off to an outpost for training.  Now before any of you do something you might regret I need you to remember that we’re all here together and if we band together we can get through this.”

Some people began to clap but before everyone left the meeting Colby shouted from the back “Well let's do something then!”

“Oh,” Said Arthur “And what do you suppose we do?”

“We overpower them” Colby said “Make them pay.”

“Colby,” Arthur said “Don’t worry we'll be fine but there’s no need to do something rash.  Even if we could take control we’re landing too soon to make a move.  I suggest we all get some rest and deal with these problems once they come.”

After that the meeting was adjourned and Spencer walked over to his friends.  Once he got to the corner where they were hanging he could see that Lily was nearly in tear, Spencer could hear her mumbling fast “We’re all going to die, this is it. We were rescued for nothing.”

“Calm down,” Jensen said to her grabbing her shoulders “Look me in the eyes okay.” Lily slowly looked up at him “It’s going to be alright, it’s going to be alright.  Just keep telling yourself that.”

Lily nodded and wiped a tear off of her cheek. Following was awkward silence so Spencer began to talk “So… how you guys doing.”

“I’m fine” Said Colby “Just don’t know why the hell these aliens rescued us just to send us to our deaths.”

“I know” Said Spencer “But we’ll get through this, and you’re okay right?  You aren’t actually going to try to take control of the ship are you?”

“Nah” Said Colby “Arthur made a good point.  I also thought about how them metal arms of theirs could probably swipe your head right off.”

Spencer laughed “Yeah you’re probably right!  What do you think the alien world will look like.”

“I’ve ain’t got a clue” Said Colby “You know what?  I bet it looks like a city on Earth but really oversized so they can fit their big fat bodies everywhere.”

They both laughed but stopped as soon as the PA system came online and the voice said “Beginning decent.”



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing